Apple reportedly testing iOS 6.0.1 with keyboard, camera flash, Wi-Fi fixes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member
    Apple is still my favorite company even if it has its issues. It's always trying its best on every field and that's what it means to be a real company.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    zompzomp Posts: 62member
    I haven't experienced any of the issues on either my 5 or 4s, and nobody here seems to have any of the reported wifi issues which makes me wonder if some folks could be using old or maybe low-end Wireless routers.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    emig647 wrote: »
    ^--- There is no denying the huge Bluetooth blunder from iOS 6. Virtually all aftermarket and OEM bluetooth radios have major issues with iOS 6. Some don't even work. 

There is a 31 page discussion on Apple's Support forums. Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine have all released press statements about it. What are they going to do? Release firmware updates for every head unit? Apple screwed something up here. That needs to be fixed pronto.

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to bring up page views, posts, and the number of pages of a slanted discussions thread. It proves nothing, nothing, shows nothing. I can go to the Apple discussions forums and fabricate an issue for myself, and within minutes I will have several respondents claiming they have the same issue?

So yes, there IS denying a "huge Bluetooth blunder". Your supposed proof is laughable.

If you read it on the Internet chances are it's NOT true.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    Hey, all right. Good for that. Release on Thursday, anyone?

There's no indication this has hit developers yet (just the carriers), so I don't see why it would be released so soon.
  • Reply 25 of 35

Originally Posted by djames4242 View Post

There's no indication this has hit developers yet (just the carriers), so I don't see why it would be released so soon.

Oh, right, devs. But if it's just a bugfixer, do they really need it?

• Reply 26 of 35
    I beg to differ with them about the screen glitch on user ID entry - I have seen it on my iPad running iOS6 also. I assume the fix will fix it both places.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to bring up page views, posts, and the number of pages of a slanted discussions thread. It proves nothing, nothing, shows nothing. I can go to the Apple discussions forums and fabricate an issue for myself, and within minutes I will have several respondents claiming they have the same issue?

So yes, there IS denying a "huge Bluetooth blunder". Your supposed proof is laughable.

Now you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You obviously didn't read my entire post. 

Did you NOT read my entire post? There are press release statements to all authorized dealers from Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine. 

Look at this:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Images/In-Content Images/Apple/Pioneeriphonecompatibilitychart.pdf

Notice the entire right column on ALL headunits has an asterisk. This is what happened to every headunit out on the market with iOS 6. Mine included (Kenwood KIV-BT901, Pioneer avh-p4400bh and wife's 2011 Rockford in Outlander Sport). 90% of Pandora operation ceased, most can't read phone book data any more, iOS battery doesn't show any more, playing music doesn't show song information. Basically any information that the phone is supposed to supply is very limited now.

Instead of being an ass, why not google it next time.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ios+6+headunit

This is a big problem, and doesn't stop with just headunits, there are many bluetooth devices that simply stopped working with iOS 6

• Reply 28 of 35
    Have the keyboard glitch. Also have been dealing with an old issue on the new device, even after a restore: the camera shutter would not open when you launch the app.

Sounds like a bad thermal sensor. Take it to the Apple Store and have them replace your iPhone, or call AppleCare. Software won't correct this issue if the sensor is indeed off.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    I've had the WiFi issue with my iPhone 4S, but only at my mother-in-law's house (Linksys router). I have no problems at home (Apple Time Capsule).
  • Reply 30 of 35
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I just read your post on the internet. Hmmm. . . quite a quandary... image

• Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emig647 View Post

This is a big problem, and doesn't stop with just headunits, there are many bluetooth devices that simply stopped working with iOS 6

Well, I'm glad my RocketFish and Nokia headsets, nor my Jabra car speaker, nor my no-name desk speaker set have had any problems, then. I dodged a bullet there, eh?

/bs
  • Reply 32 of 35
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeowulfSchmidt View Post

Well, I'm glad my RocketFish and Nokia headsets, nor my Jabra car speaker, nor my no-name desk speaker set have had any problems, then. I dodged a bullet there, eh?/bs

This particular issue is what I've been looking for in the first IOS6 update.  Whenever I get a call on my phone in my car when I answer the phone the radio comes back on for 4 seconds.  Then the phone kicks back on and I can talk to whoever is calling me.  It's seriously annoying, and not BS.

This is in a new 2012 Camry XLE. 

• Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

This particular issue is what I've been looking for in the first IOS6 update.  Whenever I get a call on my phone in my car when I answer the phone the radio comes back on for 4 seconds.  Then the phone kicks back on and I can talk to whoever is calling me.  It's seriously annoying, and not BS.

This is in a new 2012 Camry XLE. 

To be clear, "bs" was intended to be my signature. My bad for not adding the appropriate whitespace.

/bs

• Reply 34 of 35

Originally Posted by BeowulfSchmidt View Post

To be clear, "bs" was intended to be my signature. My bad for not adding the appropriate whitespace.

/bs

We have a dedicated signature section that can be added to every post automatically.

I personally hate soft signatures.

• Reply 35 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil 

We have a dedicated signature section that can be added to every post automatically.

I personally hate soft signatures.

I know. It just seemed to silly to do it for three bloody characters. :) But, it's done now.