Rumor roundup: What to expect from Apple's 'iPad mini' event

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I actually see that. I believe they're…____…doing it. 

The Macs I actually don't see. I want to see them, I'd love new, redesigned iMacs and the Mac Mini, which is waiting for the iMacs, but it's an iDevice event… 

If it is strictly an i-Event, then the rumors about 13" rMBP are premature too?

• Reply 22 of 29
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I'm hoping iTunes 11 is available tomorrow.
  • Reply 23 of 29

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

If it is strictly an i-Event, then the rumors about 13" rMBP are premature too?

See, that's also what bugs me. We've heard "thirteen inch retina MacBook Pro in October" since June! If anything, it's the iPad mini rumors that would be 'premature' in this case. 

I guess if they want to jam everything together, they can. There's a reason they didn't in the past, and that reason was apparently still alive and well just a few weeks ago, otherwise they would have probably taken everything rumored for this event and jammed it into the iPhone event, but hey. They changed their minds in the span of six months, why not in the span of six weeks?

Originally Posted by Galley View Post

I'm hoping iTunes 11 is available tomorrow.

You mean Wednesday. It'll have references to unreleased products in it if it's launched tomorrow.

• Reply 24 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I seem to recall Macs being updated along with iDevices during the same event in the past.

With Windows 8 on the horizon, a little more blurring of the distinction between OSX hardware and iOS hardware wouldn't be a bad thing???

• Reply 25 of 29
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    With Windows 8 on the horizon, a little more blurring of the distinction between OSX hardware and iOS hardware wouldn't be a bad thing???

I don't think so, as I think ML is a great update. My only complaint is that it's the update that I wanted back in Lion. They need to take the good aspects of iOS and bring them to Mac OS X in order to make the transition to Macs from WinPCs easier for users who are likely very happy iOS device users.

I've been saying since I started using Win 8 that they need another Mac campaign when Win8 launches. I think it's going to be a huge mess for MS (despite being their most successful launch on paper).
  • Reply 26 of 29

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I don't think so, as I think ML is a great update. My only complaint is that it's the update that I wanted back in Lion.

So here's the question: Were Lion and Mountain Lion together worth the $50?

• Reply 27 of 29
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I don't really think they need to show off new Macs anymore. People will buy them the moment the media is talking about it. Except for breakthrough products, like the rMBP. But to announce a simple iMac or MacMini, I don't think so.

If there's no redesign of the iMac then my guess is that when the store comes back up we'll simply see the NEW tag on the iMac and hopefully the mini.

The 13" MBPr fits the "little more" theme.

• Reply 28 of 29

There will be a live stream to Apple TV!!!

They really want to "show" us something...

TV?

• Reply 29 of 29

Five hours to go.