Apple's iPhone accounts for 77% of AT&T's 6.1M smartphone activations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    How many spares did you have?

Replaced 2x 4Ss that were still part of a contract. Costly yes, but I'm one of the few that would prefer paying full price for a device and drop my monthlies.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    nealgnealg Posts: 132member

The data from Verizon and now ATT show how silly the past arguments have been about dropping iPhone subsidies by the carriers. I don't think anyone would want to chance losing the iPhone subscribers. But I am sure that won't stop some blogger somewhere to bring this argument up again and for some in the financial press to run with the story.

• Reply 23 of 24
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... postpaid results were affected by iPhone 5 inventory constraints ...

... Constraints on iPhone 5 inventory resulted in ...

The word "constraints" should be sending Tim Cook a clear message that if Apple were able to produce enough iPhones to meet demand, their share at AT&T (and Verizon and Sprint et al) would be higher.  But there's no hurry.  Tim will work to increase production by simplifying iPhone design, by streamlining the manufacturing process, and by adding production capacity.  Simultaneously, methodically, while making sure everything is under control at all times.

This is a very long race, and we're barely entering the first turn.  Tim knows that.  Better to take the time to get it all right.

• Reply 24 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I am totally confused here. On one hand some people say that android sales have topped iPone sales by far, and then comes AT&T and says 77% of their activations are iPhones. Do all these overwhelming majorities of android users have smartphones without a mobile provider? Are they using WiFi only communication? 

Some people get their phones where they do their "cash advance" banking.