LG lands most display orders for Apple's latest products - report

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by peter236 View Post



    Apple needs to develop its own display screen technologies and factories.


    Just think about how many times they changed the display tech that they have chosen for their devices? The iPads for example get new displays every year.

    And what could they do with the factory built to the previous tech? destroying it?

    Today their manufacturers after finishing their contract with Apple can still sell that tech for other companies.

  • Reply 22 of 28
    This means more of bad displays on all Apple products now.

    the IR/ghosting problem on the MBPr 15 is a disaster. returned two of them and will not buy an apple product with LG again!
  • Reply 23 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post





    Explain me please, how is Samsung any different than LG, Sharp, or any other consumer electronic corporation?

    They all make android smartphones thus no matter how apple moves its supply chain around, it will still going to have a conflict of interest with these manufacturers.

    It just happened with Samsung to be the most successful one. But who knows, eventually it could be LG with litte help from a steady revenue stream coming from Apple. Then what? Abandon LG as well? image


     


    Samsung parts are basically much superior in terms of quality and quantity.  Apple's reduced order from Samsung apparently has nothing to do with their rivalry, more to do with Apple's penny-pinching.  Yes,  Apple is basically cutting corners now. 


     


    So we as consumers lose when Apple starts dumping inferior craps and still charge the premium for Apple's elaborate packaging.

  • Reply 24 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,438member
    galbi wrote: »
    peter236 wrote: »
    Apple needs to develop its own display screen technologies and factories.

    Not with Tim Cook at the helm. The guy is all about numbers.

    The fixed costs alone in maintaining facilities will make him balk at the proposal.

    Like the costs for the new data center you mean? They certainly don't seem to mind spending a billion now and then.
    But Samsung still makes tons of profit even when they have high fixed costs (factories, equipments,  R&D facilities).

    Samsung has R&D costs? Girl, don't you know Apple pays that?
  • Reply 25 of 28
    kr00kr00 Posts: 99member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post





    Explain me please, how is Samsung any different than LG, Sharp, or any other consumer electronic corporation?

    They all make android smartphones thus no matter how apple moves its supply chain around, it will still going to have a conflict of interest with these manufacturers.

    It just happened with Samsung to be the most successful one. But who knows, eventually it could be LG with litte help from a steady revenue stream coming from Apple. Then what? Abandon LG as well? image


    LG or any other screen manufacturer aren't anything like samscum. They are a mafia like company in Korea. With fingers in every aspect of Korean life, including funding favoured political candidates, ownership of the media, and powerful connections into the Korean judiciary. Proof: http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/


     


    A very different animal indeed. LG won't steal Apples IP, then try to destroy evidence to hide their evil. You really should do some research into who samscum really are before standing up for them.

  • Reply 26 of 28
    kr00kr00 Posts: 99member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post


     


    Samsung parts are basically much superior in terms of quality and quantity.  Apple's reduced order from Samsung apparently has nothing to do with their rivalry, more to do with Apple's penny-pinching.  Yes,  Apple is basically cutting corners now. 


     


    So we as consumers lose when Apple starts dumping inferior craps and still charge the premium for Apple's elaborate packaging.



     


    No. Maybe Apple don't wish to be associated to this type of company any longer.


    http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/

  • Reply 27 of 28
    kr00kr00 Posts: 99member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post


     


    LG has been making Apple displays for a long while now (and I believe is Apple's largest display supplier) - they've been also losing a lot of money, despite Apple's huge orders.  



     


    Because samscum run a cartel in Korea. They bribe politicians to win huge government contracts and threaten business partners from using their competitors and go to every means to kill opponents. You really should understand this chaebols, or mafia like business. Bribery, extortion, corruption are a standard, and this is what has been exposed. I can only imagine what goes on we don't know about. People thought Hitler was a great guy too, for a while. Honestly, google samsung, corruption and bribery. You will be surprised.

  • Reply 28 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Kr00 View Post


    LG or any other screen manufacturer aren't anything like samscum. They are a mafia like company in Korea. With fingers in every aspect of Korean life, including funding favoured political candidates, ownership of the media, and powerful connections into the Korean judiciary. Proof: http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/


     


    A very different animal indeed. LG won't steal Apples IP, then try to destroy evidence to hide their evil. You really should do some research into who samscum really are before standing up for them.



     


    No, not really. LG, Samsung, Hyundai they are all the same.   That anti-Samsung piece is a bit misleading in that it lacks the political, historical context.. 

Sign In or Register to comment.