UK court orders Apple to rewrite website statement saying Samsung didn't copy the iPad

1181920212224»

Comments

• Reply 461 of 477
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… Wait, did you go through and double click every single one of those out of the Special Characters menu? Props.

Yep and left the multiple ones out.

I always wanted to see what they all looked like in a big bunch like that.

• Reply 462 of 477
    The notice is up on the UK website now. So can we PLEASE all move on to something vaguely interesting ?
  • Reply 463 of 477
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Excellent, exactly what they should have done in the first place.  And they excelled themselves by delivering in less than 14 days!

• Reply 464 of 477

Looks like it was a case of inaccurate rather than incorrect or untrue, who'd have guessed?

• Reply 465 of 477
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredawest View Post

Looks like it was a case of inaccurate rather than incorrect or untrue, who'd have guessed?

I'm mildly surprised Apple actually posts that it's original statement was inaccurate.

http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/screen-shot-2012-11-03-at-7-35-42-am1.png

• Reply 466 of 477

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I'm mildly surprised Apple actually posts that it's original statement was inaccurate.

http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/screen-shot-2012-11-03-at-7-35-42-am1.png

I'm extraordinarily surprised, given that the original statement was not only not incorrect, it's the same as the current statement.

They didn't not copy, they were found to have not infringed. 

• Reply 467 of 477
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    gatorguy wrote: »

Someone at the legal department took the reins and corrected the stupid mistake that was done the first time.

THE END
  • Reply 468 of 477

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Someone at the legal department took the reins and corrected the stupid mistake that was done the first time.

The stupid mistake of… saying exactly the same thing they said the first time.

• Reply 469 of 477
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Just following orders. Again.

(and the raspberry they tossed in while doing it was brilliant. Just scroll)

• Reply 470 of 477

Let's face it, everybody is copying Apple these days. No, let's be correct: TRYING to.

• Reply 471 of 477
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    This is so typically UK in recent years. I really can't stand the place any more. It treats it's citizens (and companies) like children.
    The place is an embarrassment.

I can recommend Florida's central Gulf Coast ... that's where I escaped to ;)
  • Reply 472 of 477
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Apple should also list all the places where judges have agreed Samsung copied Apple. Meanwhile this weekend I saw a Samsung TV interface for the first time and for a few moments I actually thought it was running Apple TV. It is a total rip off ... yet again! Well except in the UK of course... :no:
  • Reply 473 of 477

If Apple refuses an court order, many things could happen including Tim Cook being thrown into jail, or Apple being prohibited to do any business in Europe.

• Reply 474 of 477
    reefoidreefoid Posts: 158member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Apple should also list all the places where judges have agreed Samsung copied Apple. Meanwhile this weekend I saw a Samsung TV interface for the first time and for a few moments I actually thought it was running Apple TV. It is a total rip off ... yet again! Well except in the UK of course... image

You do know that will be a pretty short list of.......one country!!!

• Australia - Preliminary injunction granted for Apple, but this has since been overturned and the final trial has yet to happen.

• Germany - Registered design case originally went in Apple's favour, but this has been superseded by the UK case so that judgement is no longer valid.  With regards to touchscreen patents, the court ruled against Apple.

• Japan - Ruled that Samsung did not infringe, other cases are ongoing.

• Netherlands - Originally ruled in favour of Apple but have since overruled in favour of Samsung.

• South Korea - Split decision, both Apple and Samsung were found to have infringed each other's patents.

• UK - We all know the outcome of that one, Samsung won.

• US - Ruled in favour of Apple, although the final judgement has yet to be given.

So, only in the US have Apple won, but like I say that is still not a final judgement and we'll have to wait to see what Judge Koh comes up with.

• Reply 475 of 477

Originally Posted by Geoffrey Kim View Post

…Tim Cook being thrown into jail…

…Apple being prohibited to do any business in Europe.

Good. Let's see how long the court decision stays in place when their citizens want Apple back.

• Reply 476 of 477

@clocknova pull out of the UK market?  why not... nothing to lose really.  After all as a market it's only the size of California, Texas and the whole of New England combined into one.  And you wonder why the rest of the world thinks you're all stupid.

• Reply 477 of 477

@clocknova pull out of the UK market?  why not... nothing to lose really.  After all as a market it's only the size of California, Texas and the whole of New England combined into one.  And you wonder why the rest of the world thinks you're all stupid.