No internal design changes found in 4th-gen iPad teardown

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    Yes, treat the line more like their laptops and get the improvements out the door when the bundle makes sense rather than on some calendar. Isn't that why the stopped attending some events to get away from the calendar?

Apple updated iPods (and now iPhones and presumably iPads) roughly every September/October. That's considerably more flexible window than say, the first Monday of January. I think WWDC even floats a week or two if it meets their needs. Apple generally seems to put out updates to have ample supplies of popular products ready in time for US Black Friday, having the initial burst of demand out of the way by then probably helps them.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

We keep hearing this "Apple may have peaked" line every year. And every year Apple's main products, in ALL their categories, rule customer satisfaction, often by wide margins. 

All we see is continued growth. Growth is driven by consumer demand + profit. Apple rules both. 

Ironically enough, Kass of "Apple has peaked at $90" just opined Apple has bottomed and is about to start back up.

Though having that asshat write that is maybe cause for a pause...

• Reply 23 of 23
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Good point.  So stereo speakers in iPad 5?
    I think that's a given ... I'm just disappointed that they didn't do it here, especially since they released the mini with them. It's kind of a glaring omission in that respect. Then again, I'm kinda surprised they didn't up the storage to compete with the Android and Windows tablets. But, this is when it's kinda obvious that Apple has a planned upgrade strategy ... You want stereo speakers on your iPad? Upgrade to the new NEW iPad!!