iTunes Connect winter closure scheduled for Dec. 21-28

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
In an email to developers on Thursday, Apple confirmed that its developer portal iTunes Connect will be shutting down for the winter holidays from Dec. 21 to Dec. 28.

AppleInsider reader "G" provided a copy of Apple's email, which notes app releases slated to be introduced in the App Store and pricing changes scheduled through the program's interval pricing system will be delayed during the holiday shutdown. iTunes Connect is responsible for managing applications sold through the App Store, including app updates, pricing, and descriptions.

iTunes Connect Closed

According to Apple, app price changes, including those for in-app purchases, scheduled to take effect during the shutdown will be frozen until the system is reactivated on Dec. 28.

Apple issued a similar email in October, notifying authors selling their books through the iBookstore that iTunes Connect would be down over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Last year, iTunes Connect was scheduled to close from Dec. 22 to Dec. 29, however the portal came back online one day early, allowing developers to view daily and weekly sales trackers, contract management and financial reports.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That can't be right. I can't believe that customers will not be able to make in-app purchases for eight days.
  • Reply 2 of 5

Originally Posted by TokyoJimu View Post

That can't be right. I can't believe that customers will not be able to make in-app purchases for eight days.

Indeed, that makes very little sense.

• Reply 3 of 5
    I think the world will survive without in app thingy for a week.
  • Reply 4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyoJimu View Post

Read it again. Developers will not be able to make price changes to in-app purchases for 8 days. Customers will absolutely be able to make in-app purchases.

• Reply 5 of 5

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Read it again. Developers will not be able to make price changes to in-app purchases for 8 days. Customers will absolutely be able to make in-app purchases.

They edited it. 

As noted by MacStories, Apple told developers, "In-App Purchase will become unavailable for purchase until after the shutdown."

The link still says it.