Rumor: Apple to begin trial production of 'iPhone 5S' in December

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by haar View Post

Well at least it isn't a rumor about a new iPad...

Well, if this is this authentic ID technology, it'll probably come out on the iPhone first and then the iPad.  But this is way down the road next year type of product.

• Reply 22 of 38
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not many people have the guts to say that six month cycles will turn people off. But they will.

People who say otherwise are geeks most probably.

Normal consumers don't want to think that their phone is out of date six months after they signed a two year contract on it.

• Reply 23 of 38
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

23 posts for a Digitimes quoted article?  When will everyone learn?

• Reply 24 of 38
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    I tend to agree with emig647. If there is any truth in this report, it might relate to a redesigned iPhone 5 that's easier to manufacture, together with maybe (and I emphasize maybe!) a slight spec upgrade, what ever that might be.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

I got a feeling this news is directed to slow down the sales of iPhone5.

• Reply 26 of 38
    The rumor of an iPhone 5S may be garbage -- or wishful thinking. If the yields needed for the iPhone 5 simply are not there, Apple has little choice but to modify. iPhone 5S means iPhone 5, Second try.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Perhaps it is not a new iPhone 5S design, but a version of the same spec'd iPhone 5 with an updated production process to improve quality assurance problems, or using parts from different vendors? 50,000 to 100,000 units is a drop in the bucket if a new iPhone was truly coming, but seem plausible if this is a test run to validate process or component changes.

Without a major redesign of the case, the only significant changes possible would be moving to the A6X, but those would probably go into a new retina mini iPad before a new iPhone.
  • Reply 28 of 38

Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

iPhone 5S means iPhone 5, Second try.

Funny, I thought the S stood for speed.

• Reply 29 of 38
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

...and I thought it stood for Siri. Did Apple ever say if the "S" was intended to mean anything in particular?

• Reply 30 of 38

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

...and I thought it stood for Siri.

On the 3GS? image

Did Apple ever say if the "S" was intended to mean anything in particular?

They did specifically say "speed" for the 3GS and, if I remember correctly, jokingly said "is for Siri" on the 4S.

• Reply 31 of 38

Utter bollocks.

• Reply 32 of 38
    On the 3GS? :lol:

They did specifically say "speed" for the 3GS and, if I remember correctly, jokingly said "is for Siri" on the 4S.

Maybe the iPhone 5s will get another feature which it will stand for maybe Super.
  • Reply 33 of 38

Quote:

… or /s

Cheers

• Reply 34 of 38

Bogus.  A rumor started by Google and Samsung to slow the sale of the 5.

• Reply 35 of 38
    Wh
    bwana_dik wrote: »
    Bogus.  A rumor started by Google and Samsung to slow the sale of the 5.

Why would google do that, they would advertise it for themselves coming out with a new phone, not apple, because it would attract future costumers to apple, the only advantage is apple's profit growth held back, also it would show that they don't care about there costumers( they don't by why show) and google would rather compete not hold back costumers for apple instead of attract them, then again they try to make a phone that is" better than any iPhone 5S could be" but they still would not have proof.
  • Reply 36 of 38

iphone 5s? in what aspect will it make progress? the painting problem?

• Reply 37 of 38

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Why would google do that, they would advertise it for themselves coming out with a new phone, not apple, because it would attract future costumers to apple…

The opposite is true.

…the only advantage is apple's profit growth held back…

And Google would be just fine with that.

…also it would show that they don't care about there costumers…

How?

• Reply 38 of 38

Seriously???

This kind of news really spoils the mood of owning the iPhone 5 to be honest. iPhone owner used to feel exclusive when they get their hands on the new iPhone but now, less than 3 months down after the launch, we're already talking about the production of iPhone 5s!