HTC settlement may pay Apple $8 per phone, act as blueprint for Samsung & Motorola

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, if I supported a company that exists simply because they stole their OS from another company, I'd get sick of hearing about how completely wrong I was, too.

Oh, wait, no I wouldn't; I'd just support another company.

I don't actively support Android or buy Android based devices. I called your statement nonsense on the basis that development predated the iphone and was aimed at running on virtually anything mobile, including touch screen devices. It's just so silly to call it a stolen product on the basis of one of Apple's board members.

• Reply 42 of 44
    charlituna wrote: »
    A d-bag hit whore analyst talking out of his lower orifice based on zero facts said this.

Fantastic! Wow everyone is in great sprits today! I like it!
  • Reply 43 of 44

Originally Posted by hmm View Post

I called your statement nonsense on the basis that development predated the iPhone…

… What? Do you honestly believe that this is the part to which I'm referring? Development timelines?

…and was aimed at running on virtually anything mobile, including touch screen devices.

Specifically phones that looked identical to the BlackBerry lineup… until along came a spider and sat down beside her and frightened the keyboards the way.

…on the basis of one of Apple's board members.

Also on the basis of common sense and not being legally blind.

• Reply 44 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You (they) don't get to say what "reasonable" is. Either you pay what they want or you don't get to use it. These aren't FRAND-based patents.

Well obviously they weren't because no ones agreed to them yet...  

But now HTC has agreed to this lesser number.  No, no one gets to 'mandate' a specific rate here, they just get to choose whether or not they'll pay.  Whether or not a license is considered 'reasonable' comes down to the market for the license - if no one is willing to license at that price, obviously it's not reasonable.  

Even with FRAND based patents no one can mandate a 'reasonable' number, companies are simply penalized if it's proven that they're price-gauging compared to the competition.  Hence the recent judgement against Apple vs. Motorola...  Apple doesn't want to pay Motorola's rate, but it doesn't matter, because Moto's rate is in line with what Qualcomm and others charge...