Samsung's chief strategy officer admits to using Apple's iPhone, iPad & Mac at home

13

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 61

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post


     


    That's why Apple is Samsung's #1 customer. 



    What does that have to do with the fact that Samsung uses worse materials on their own devices than on Apple devices when sometimes they make both(like screens, for example, even if LG is stealing the show. Samsung screens are much worse then Apple screens. Do you like oversaturated pentile shit? Or maybe we should talk about processors and GPUs and how Samsung's equivalents are un-optimized battery hogs lower performance shit.), so they produce worse devices, because they trust so much on the stupidity of Korean/stupid SammyFanboys internet keyboard warriors to defend them?


     


    Samsung is great when better minds tell them what and how to do it. They have no problems with local laws (because they are the law) and can get the job done cheaply.


     


    Apple gives the brain, Samsung gives those small hands that no one in korea (or on other plants) cares.

  • Reply 42 of 61


    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post


    Samsung is great when better minds tell them what and how to do it.



     


    I'll agree with a rewording of this: Samsung is quite good at taking instructions and following them to the letter. That's what makes them so successful as a parts supplier, and I think that's the only business they should be in going forward.

  • Reply 43 of 61


    There's your "Oops" moment.


     


    How else can Samsung even attempt to copy Apple's ecosystem unless one of their managers uses and analyzes it?


     


    But seriously, it took Apple 10 years to build out the iTunes ecosystem.  And it's been at least 4 years since Apple began work on iCloud (if you count MobileMe.)  Good luck with your iTunes ecosystem + iCloud clone, Samsung.  Lotta work to do there.

  • Reply 44 of 61


     


    Quote:



    What technologies will you be focusing on? 


     


    "OK, so think about Apple compared to Samsung. I use a Mac, actually, at home. I’ve always used Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad. I also have the Galaxy. So I’m a great example."


     


    Wait, you are still using Apple products?


     


    "At work I’m using Samsung devices; Apple at home, mainly because all of my systems and files are done that way. That’s sticky, you know? However, I did figure out how to sync all of my contacts and all of my schedules between the two different systems. You can do it. It’s a bit of work, but it is possible."




     



    Well, at least he's honest.


    "Oh Mr. Sohn…you have a call from South Korea on line 1."  :)

  • Reply 45 of 61
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,679member
    haha. Can't wait for Apple to make a commercial about this.
    Apple: our execs use our products, the competition: they use our products too. Who's winning now.
  • Reply 46 of 61
    irelandireland Posts: 17,567member
    jragosta wrote: »
    This merely proves one thing. Samsung hires smart people.

    Saying this is not smart.
  • Reply 47 of 61
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,385member
    philboogie wrote: »
    I know a webmaster @ Samsung. He requested a company provided iPhone because most people looked at their mobile site from an iPhone. He got it, even upgraded to a 5 because of the new screen AR.

    Exactly, this is nothing new, and nothing people should be suprised by, companies should be looking at their competition.
  • Reply 48 of 61

    Quote:


    I'll defend Apple from idiots and liars. I'll defend anyone from idiots and liars. 



    Thats rich TS. Coming from YOU of all people. Remember your lies about me on this forum. You LIED about my Email address being a fake. You LIED about me having been banned and coming back under another name.


     


    I really do not appreciate your hypocrisy and your lack of integrity. An honest person would have admitted his mistake, retracted the untrue allegation and apologized.


     


    You have NO right to criticise others. No right at all.

  • Reply 49 of 61
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post



    Another reason could be that Apple's gear works


     


    If by "gear" you don't mean "software!" :)

  • Reply 50 of 61
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    bleh1234 wrote: »
    Sohn only started at Samsung August this year. Common sense dictates that he was already in the Apple Ecosystem before being hired by Samsung. And only a fool would abandon his established ecosystem because of a new position.

    A C-level position at a company the size of Samsung is probably worth a base of $1,000,000 per year ore more - and many times that in stock and bonuses. Only a fool would walk away from that kind of money because of his phone preference.

    Smart people?

    A smart person would know that the iPhone absolutely destroys the Nexus on every single logical way, by a large margin.
    However he says the GN is faster, when it isn't, and has a better screen, when it doesn't.

    He's just another stupid fanboy that (despite his position) has no knowledge about both products, even if he has a decent/rational notion of reality.

    Well, no. He's smart because he uses the better product. Actions speak louder than words.

    I don't have any doubt that he felt compelled to say nice things about the Galaxy. But when it comes to spending his own money, he buys Apple products.
  • Reply 51 of 61
    joshajosha Posts: 901member


    Quote:




    One of the top executives at Apple's chief rival, Samsung, has admitted that he uses an iPhone, iPad and Mac at home, largely due to Apple's "sticky" ecosystem.

    -

    The Samsung executive said he believes customers are even more drawn to Apple's ecosystem, with services like iCloud, than they are to the products themselves. He said the Galaxy Nexus is a "better phone" than the iPhone, but added that the "connected ecosystem is really critical."



    Don't get excited chaps, this is just good salesmanship.


    Yes he uses Apple products for overall integration, but his key statement is he feels Samsung makes the best phone. Of course he would say that, he wants to keep his job and he has to convenience some that Samsung are best at something. Just wait, Samsung are now busy copying iTunes and iCloud.


    Yes most Apple iPhone users know better, like me I'm sure many have tried Samsung's latest S3, too big for the hand phone. An OK phone in a cheap plastic case, a lesser screen, with the same Google Maps as now on the iPhone.


    Yes Samsung makes more phones and more models. They sure do, they make lots of anything and hope they sell.


    Most sell at depressed prices, to those who only look at the initial cost.  Even their highly regarded S3 was free here before release and again on Black Friday.


    The latest of my friends to buy an "out of date free" Samsung phone have no idea how to run them online. Their main objective was a low cost thin phone, which would do msgs. When they realized they could go on the web, they tried but were not very successful, so have forgotten about the web.  Believe me this is a current REAL true story.


     Here are some interesting phone facts:  http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/apple-chart-of-the-day-enough-to-scare-bears-away.html/?utm_source=Contextly&utm_medium=RelatedLinks&utm_campaign=Interesting

  • Reply 52 of 61
    stelligent wrote: »
    Btw, I note that you're free to use the term idiots but when I use it, you usurp your moderator privileges to sanction me. What hypocrisy.

    Oh, I hope he usurps his moderator privileges and sanctions you for the utter nonsense you post.

    Go away and get a life.
  • Reply 53 of 61
    He would say that the Nexus is a better phone but I've yet to see any evidence of it.

    Having NFC does not a better phone make. Its interface sucks, its settings are all over the place, and interacting with it is a joke.

    It's better than Nokia and Blackberry but doesn't even come close to being as nice to use as an iPhone and I think ultimately that's what people like about Apple's gear... usability.
  • Reply 54 of 61
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post



    Btw, I note that you're free to use the term idiots but when I use it, you usurp your moderator privileges to sanction me. What hypocrisy.


     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post



    Oh, I hope he usurps his moderator privileges and sanctions you for the utter nonsense you post.


     


    Both of you, go get a dictionary and look up the word "usurp."

  • Reply 55 of 61
    Ummm.... before usurping the role of language Taliban, perhaps you should look up synonyms for 'usurp'.
  • Reply 56 of 61

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Conrail View Post


    A pepsi delivery man can get fired for drinking a bottle of coke.  Surely this guy has enough sense to realize he should be using his company's products whenever possible.  





    Whoa, I hope that's not true. What a horrible world... sounds like some Blade Runner-like movie, really.

  • Reply 57 of 61
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post



    Ummm.... before usurping the role of language Taliban, perhaps you should look up synonyms for 'usurp'.


     


    I have, and I don't see how they support the use of the word the way you two are using it. Defending its use with insults won't make it right, either.


     


    With due respect to your valued contributions to the forum.

  • Reply 58 of 61


    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

    Ummm.... before usurping the role of language Taliban, perhaps you should look up synonyms for 'usurp'.


     


    First time I've heard that.


     


    So going up the ladder is it Spelling Stalin, Grammar Nazi, and Language Taliban? image

  • Reply 59 of 61
    Of corse Apple supports things better instead of Samsung, not to mention it is to compare there devices to samsungs when tested, he has kept them so far because Apple has won the test.
  • Reply 60 of 61

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post



    Ummm.... before usurping the role of language Taliban, perhaps you should look up synonyms for 'usurp'.


    He was right. The fact synonyms used in a second interpretation are what you actually meant does not imply that you can use any slightly related word. Also, I'll reuse "Language Taliban", it's pretty cool.


     


    Or maybe a Taal-iban.

Sign In or Register to comment.