YouTube's 'Capture' for iOS challenges Apple's built-in Camera app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25

Put it right up there with FB posts and Instagram pics.. 99% of them are all equally useless... 

• Reply 22 of 25
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Yeah, but this app doesn't solve any problems.  It doesn't do anything that the user couldn't already do with the phone in one tap.

Actually it does fix one thing. It doesn't allow users to shoot video vertically. Honestly I've not seen one video shot in this perspective in which I felt made a better video. Apple should disable this feature as well. That's about the only thing I see as a major benefit of this app.

People QUIT SHOOTING VIDEO VERTICALLY. Lol

If this is news to you, you'll thank me later for it. Nothing worse than watching a precious home video with less than half the screen available.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    People QUIT SHOOTING VIDEO VERTICALLY.

Hear! Hear! I cannot comprehend the stupidity of people shooting video in portrait mode ***while fully have the intention on creating a DVD or watch it on the telly in the living***

And I get thanked for pointing this out to people who are filming this way. Each and every time.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Hear! Hear! I cannot comprehend the stupidity of people shooting video in portrait mode ***while fully have the intention on creating a DVD or watch it on the telly in the living***
    And I get thanked for pointing this out to people who are filming this way. Each and every time.

I'd pay money to Google each month if they would allow me to filter out videos 1) shot in portrait mode, 2) that are screen captures from a TV, 3) are not the official video but some screenshots applied to a song, 4) that are cover of a song by someone else trying to get famous via YouTube.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    solipsismx wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »

I'd pay money to Google each month if they would allow me to filter out videos 1) shot in portrait mode, 2) that are screen captures from a TV, 3) are not the official video but some screenshots applied to a song, 4) that are cover of a song by someone else trying to get famous via YouTube.

Oooh the first 3 are dead on; I fully agree. But the forth ticks me off the most: somehow it's ok to cover a song someone else has written, without permission. It is an issue that I think needs to be taken care of, not so much that the creator loses out on anything but more-so that the creator has a saying as to whom gets to do what with your work.

From Wikipedia:
    A compulsory license, also known as statutory license or mandatory collective management, provides that the owner of a patent or copyright licenses the use of their rights against payment either set by law or determined through some form of arbitration. In essence, under compulsory license, an individual or company seeking to use a patent can do so without seeking the patent holder's consent, and pays the patent holder a set fee for the license.