Apple's iCloud sees more outages following iCloud Status webpage redesign [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    I think the outage was an hour or so; is Appleinsider going to post an angst filled article for every moment of downtime? I'd rather see something more empirical like the percentage of downtime over a given month or year. If their uptime is around 99%, maybe you should reconsider the need to wildly gesticulate
  • Reply 22 of 30
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Initially had .Mac, transitioned to MobileMe without a hitch upgraded to a MobileMe family account. Transitioned from MobileMe to iCloud again without a hitch, the 5 MobileMe accounts became 1 25GB iCloud account and 4 5GB accounts.

All i did for a smooth transition was made sure everything was ok in the cloud and reset up the sync on my devices. Everything has been working perfectly across all 5 accounts and over all 16 attached devices between the accounts with the exception of 2 hours of iMessage outage i noticed last month.

Pretty smooth sailing for a cloud based service.
  • Reply 23 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Hyperbole much?  

Objectively, the transition from .Mac to MobileMe was far worse, so if the Maps "debacle" as you call it was a disaster, and the transition to iCloud was a "million times worse" then the transition from .Mac to MobileMe must have killed at least a few hundred people and decimated the economy the way you describe it.  

I don't really remember that happening though

Maybe you did not notice, but there is an economic crisis going on, so his point is proven I guess.

OK, I'm joking :p

• Reply 24 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Initially had .Mac, transitioned to MobileMe without a hitch upgraded to a MobileMe family account. Transitioned from MobileMe to iCloud again without a hitch, the 5 MobileMe accounts became 1 25GB iCloud account and 4 5GB accounts.

All i did for a smooth transition was made sure everything was ok in the cloud and reset up the sync on my devices. Everything has been working perfectly across all 5 accounts and over all 16 attached devices between the accounts with the exception of 2 hours of iMessage outage i noticed last month.

Pretty smooth sailing for a cloud based service.

Lucky guy.

• Reply 25 of 30
    Wow really? So far for me everything is running smoothly,
    Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders & Notes I'm not using bookmarks, Photo Stream or iTunes-Cloud.
    Siri is fine too I'm in Europe though, be nice if we could get a break-down of iCloud accounts across the globe.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Mmm. Aside from a horrendous day with the messages service, it's worked flawlessly for me since they launched it.

I agree with the bloke who said they should provide regional information for the outages, then perhaps we won't have websites like this one using every outage as a way to attract troll hits.

And I'd like a female voice for Siri in the UK, preferably Joanna Lumley. 

• Reply 27 of 30
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    When is Apple going to take all this iCloud trouble seriously and fix it! Without properly functioning services people will end up, more and more migrating to other platforms and stop buying Apple's bread and butter hardware, and the company will go under. There's only so far pretty gadgets can go on their own merits. That nearly 75% Android market share (and growing!) is a warning and has really got me worried!
  • Reply 28 of 30
    1983 wrote: »
    There's only so far pretty gadgets can go on their own merits.

So they are only pretty? They have no use outside of being pretty? Good one¡
    That nearly 75% Android market share (and growing!) is a warning...

Bull fucking shit!
    ...and has really got me worried!

The way you write you seem like you'd be happy if they failed.
  • Reply 29 of 30

Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

When is Apple going to take all this iCloud trouble seriously and fix it! Without properly functioning services people will end up, more and more migrating to other platforms and stop buying Apple's bread and butter hardware, and the company will go under. There's only so far pretty gadgets can go on their own merits. That nearly 75% Android market share (and growing!) is a warning and has really got me worried!

Enough FUD, please.

• Reply 30 of 30
    lanceh5 wrote: »
    I have some Numbers spread sheets on an iPad. Tonight I can not get them. The cloud is down for me. I need to put these on Dropbox.

So that everyone can read them, you mean?