Strong Chinese iPhone 5 launch taken as another sign Apple stock is undervalued

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Like Amazon?

It still astounds me that they release no sales figures on their products and the market loves them - Apple does and gets hammered.  

Yep - that was one specific company I had in mind.  RIM was the other, but enough Streeters finally realized they couldn't keep propping them up.

• Reply 22 of 36
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

""the largest product cycle in consumer electronics' history,""

Wow, I guess that one lone guy in line bought a lot of phones! Must have had one of the Ultra-Black AMEX cards.

#idiots

• Reply 23 of 36
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoradala View Post

Wealthier, Ignorant journalists exposed as imbeciles.

^this^ on the journalist front: how much homework was necessary (if any?) to "discover" the Apple reservation system put in place in reaction to the previous releases riots?

Answer: just about none.

• Reply 24 of 36
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    This is the moment when the average investor realizes that many analysts have as much credibility, utility, and validity as movie critics.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    The stock is up today for one reason: people think a "fiscal cliff" deal is imminent. The stock market as a whole is up, heck Amazon is up over 3%.
  • Reply 26 of 36

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The stock is up today for one reason: people think a "fiscal cliff" deal is imminent. The stock market as a whole is up, heck Amazon is up over 3%.

I still don't believe we'll do it in time. I sort of wish we don't.

• Reply 27 of 36
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    rogifan wrote: »
    The stock market as a whole is up, heck Amazon is up over 3%.

Which means that their earnings multiple increased by more than twice Apple's TOTAL earnings multiple.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Off-topic, but man, PRC Simplified Chinese still isn't exactly "simple."

Plusgood.  But not doubleplusgood.

• Reply 29 of 36
    It's funny because apples geared a little different than other company's if you look at it correctly as long as Apple keeps the Values Steve put in place then apple will always be around. So I see no reason not to invest I can see apple leading well into 2050 I mean all the fans that love apple so much won't let this giant crumble neither will the execs that love it to.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    jmgregory1 wrote: »
    I can guarantee you that Apple, whether back in the day when Steve was running the company, or today with Tim Cook at the helm, they are not doing or saying things to try to manipulate stock prices.  They are executing their plans and running the business.  The stock market is manipulated enough by the Street, and it's been clear for the past 5+ years that Apple is undervalued and for some reason, not treated with the same respect that some other questionable businesses.

this is very true. It seems they treat apple like second class citizen thing is they're all waiting for apple to blunder
  • Reply 31 of 36
    ^ this is very true. It seems they treat apple like second class citizen thing is they're all waiting for apple to blunder
  • Reply 32 of 36
    ^ this is very true. It seems they treat apple like second class citizen thing is they're all waiting for apple to blunder
  • Reply 33 of 36
    A
    Apple is screwed because they're not innovating. Evidence? Duh! They haven't told us about any secret products they're currently developing.
    /s
    Say nothing of the financial gain, I can't wait for this stock to go back up into the $700's so that at least some of the ignorant journalists can be exposed as imbeciles.
    ^Agreed
  • Reply 34 of 36
    I am sure Citi is feeling like a crap! So I can just see all those analyst who did an about turn over the weekend and Monday is now going to do another about turn on Thursday. I know lot of people don't like Jim Crammer on CNBC, who I think is okay, had also started doing the flip-dance. Here is the guy who was praising Apple and when think started going south, he changed in his mind. And then today, he was trying to explain why Citi had made the call they made about Apple and trying to justify their action. And than ended up the segment, that people should look at the fundamental and should do their our research and not to believe on what the analysts are saying! Huh? Isn't channel like yours suppose to providing some helpful information?

Bottom like - Yes! Do your own research! Most of this people up on the financial network are practically bozos - At end of the day, they are paid by the respective parties and they are just most piece - I don't think the disclosures that they have about analysts makes any sense.
  • Reply 35 of 36

I think what Apple should do is reverse split 1 for 2. This will double up the price of the shares. Yes, typically reverse splits are not done for this purpose - But Apple could be the first. What this will do is get rid of those day traders and manipulators. This will get rid of those shorts and make them hurt. Once that is done - Only the quality investors would be around. 

• Reply 36 of 36
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

As expected... the positive reports are starting to come in. Now they're going to drive the stock back up to $700.

I fully expected AAPL to be driven down into the high 400s and for it to take at least another week to see any positive news.

Yes, Apple has been hit by stock game playing by the big market players, then recently yr end profit taking.

With Apple's financial numbers, the stock price has to rise significantly.

I bought a few more Apple shares recently, too good a deal to resist.

This week may be the start of the turn around, although a few days of yr end profit taking remain.

Then WATCH AAPL RISE !!!