Apple's iPhone takes 68.2% of new small & medium business smartphone activations

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 42 of 54

Tell us TS, is there any connection at all between your brain and the hands that you type this junk with ?

Just curious-

• Reply 43 of 54
    Well as many will say, more percentage of devices bought are android, just not activated, yes but did they forget to mention they are deactivated and replaced by IOS or was that insignificant.
    Who else is there to compete with then, of course these statistics are true, now, wait a few months, see how different this will probably, be.
  • Reply 44 of 54

You're going to equate a language translation with AES encryption? 

Why don't you figure this out:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

hQEMA8kizwrFsM31AQgAqAuUs+tB+/D4YmRRJq5yFsoDQy0UDmFy79S+sF6gGkmr

fj5EMCllOJrBPYheFTyMqYYz90aKN51v6kwpQzqhcg5F20gRgTjioNaNZJ81O4/v

QheirqH/KxWmBV+AUEtXyGaqVe227gn/bSpjbDIvrjh7dcCF78EB7+z7AMdgJb1J

utoQc8C7BP1MuaHiealOug/old7vEOpScQ0JxdWCU2npVoVMR9RX8WogheWNvK4R

NHtR6knP+fmlxdqewNYiWOM71BfDK4cu6SPcgLTl3V1rrs3F4HEdZXk6qID47R/o

6N+WJV9g4jCCeqoMRWnPtWrnov2KC5lfiwjS7Z7U54UBDAPnt5tKWpHFtgEIAIWm

oUOORU53K2diLmunmKQtRv8vYUzVIGCBFJU9X2pmoPemjdZptb7A8cV4KDwGvR1o

A+xeyQds/zsDDQr4U9inzk1evQysvDEZ1Z3OIHeh4HEbYoipmT152F8IlCGuqeJP

6Z0d3FxyA0+MW3rUz6gsR/7ZHIyga/3rRTyghF2Xvyc7WOSYgb7UoowzGRy50ncw

YSb1m2MKNVht/O1I7iPBlyB0AOxBkFQub2bx29Mw/WJftiPsuldIBu4OamQ+6CO3

MGzUPNG2G6v7jNgJrui+JDuOJCVsRWt/bTZTo0KKwM4aEX73eHW7TOhnEdC4d2FG

peqexJ+5WazkCxgcF96FAQwDrKv49nxiJ6MBB/sH+lUlLcBQfYhXDR5GQK5GDBcV

SpvyQi8XXDRmlEogzzQelKp2yaCnbm+aarQay0ElLUCjW2NAIlSED0zzMZBfYHfo

asT7cNXZjZqlADXx+UQmXwQLj8St+wi/7MS4+Au9vdEva3sk0KVtEN4hNkhgvLFr

Qrihardk5PhKiNb5LtwMMVDUGz30uymxx57jQ8CTTzJYYYIAIGTFYGUAuExYOHYS

NETLEewYyxfE5PoTqZL5NxI+Sn6dKwfjd9Jkj7vaQwUHb3mTwv3qAfrMQ8j4/3I4

1uviJ6PeleOTmuN/NzVs+oSBhSZ4YA8wPM2s2Y7y7LUSur3hK9SpjRSHwilZ0sC/

AZteiTblCtNJD3+MNm6MiVTHrFrf5zWLcx2zwHOxS+9UEMbHzAo2kDlXBTyJzHYn

kIiTLjPrTOkKd9j6GpwEkEBJbXdsdvhH6aIciVo24yix8H+63wpARTHMFUW3LU2w

FPNNTFugyImLoKaLs/1+KCYRRFz9OnemUIyMv/ZDFjejt23bG1ot/a0/IDbYDDAp

TkEELZnYOh3ve35UXbgwBIhqsbptH8luizDLo9v7cOcP/RwIEk5uhtQay55cPBru

7qd2OsKFZpkV2XFSzRThFuT1qEO3dW4NhTKvCvPpcfJrmIv9xVDqPs+9iiIVRNQ5

LhTkN6fI2uTa0rhRYSK05bL73UCc1Zv2U7ob9EE7qEtzFY/O/uFKSdTveMiPeB+/

Xofbu3JOWvavFUAq1TcksNFgwVC0tTK4gv5Xredg6VIfyyVlfeiPxZQowaZ0YT7Y

lpbTnvvybgTr2N0Mmwh9GDJ/LwrWEXChESFws8wpwYvxk72lTVGdCGZVJRtpbJo=

=BDE+

-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Really though, do some research.

Even if one tiny little email gets decrypted, unlikely, there aren't enough computers, or enough time, in our lifetimes to make it worth while. 

The point is, not using gmail because google may read your email is a cop out. Every email service can read your email, it's on their servers, goes through their pipes. If you really want to be as safe as you can you'll learn how public/private key encryption works and enable it on the service of your choice. Apple Mail App works great with RSA keys, as does Thunderbird. It works on iPads and iPhones and Android devices, regardless of email service provider. In fact we could be sending secure encrypted messages to each other over a public forum and it could look like i'm trying to make a point, If only we had each other public keys ;)

• Reply 45 of 54
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    bnz v3 wrote: »
    You're going to equate a language translation with AES encryption? 

[...]

I never once made any comment for or against PGP encryption. Your started argument was clear (and misguided): If you can't figure that out then it must be secure. I merely pointed out that your logic is inherently flawed. If you can't see that then you're an enigma.
  • Reply 46 of 54

In that realm of thought, nothing is secure. I can agree on that much.

But if thats going to be the argument, then why would any corporation bother at all to worry what service they use? Since nothing is secure.

Companies are not buying iPads and iPhones because of "security", related to email and messaging, any system can be made "secure".

They may buy them sue to perceived "security"

They buy them because the people who make the big decisions have them at home.

They buy them because they're quality products, easy to work with, and are more efficient.

They buy them because their employees want them.

It's a lot easier to standardize your software to Apple's iOS than to the various forms of Android running around, and the phones Android is on.

• Reply 47 of 54
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    But . . . isn't Android supposed to be "winning"?

Eric just said they are.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

As has been stated several times earlier, this article is about a single vendor with a highly specialized product.  When you find outlier statistics like this, it's probably best to look for correlations among multiple sources.

Exactly.   This is a publicity attempt by a vendor for small or medium businesses that don't have their own Exchange Server.  

I create apps for a company that's well within the top twenty of the Fortune 500.  They're currently deploying tens of thousands of Android tablets to their workers.  Those Android tablets won't show up in this company's data, because the big boys DO have their own Exchange Servers.

Heck, if they also deployed a ton of iPads, they wouldn't show up either.

As a side note, it's not very wise of a company like this to reveal internal information about their customers' device usage.   

• Reply 49 of 54
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 50 of 54
    [QUOTE name="MacRulez" url="/t/155110/apples-iphone-takes-68-2-of-new-small-medium-business-smartphone-activations/40#post_2249145"]
    As has been stated several times earlier, this article is about a single vendor with a highly specialized product.  When you find outlier statistics like this, it's probably best to look for correlations among multiple sources.
    [/QUOTE]

You still trying with your lame attempts to discredit every single study done that gives the advantage to Apple or iOS? You tried with that study using data from Akamai which I totally discredited by pointing out that their analytics software is so lousy they can't even separate data by device type (so they had to "theorize" what effect iPads had on overall internet data).

While you can question a single study what do you do when multiple studies from different companies tracking different metrics all come up with similar numbers? Are you going to claim they are all faulty while touting your useless single study with flawed data performed by outdated analytics software as being correct? Seriously? That's your answer? Pathetic.

[QUOTE name="KDarling" url="/t/155110/apples-iphone-takes-68-2-of-new-small-medium-business-smartphone-activations/40#post_2249204"]
    Exactly.   This is a publicity attempt by a vendor for small or medium businesses that don't have their own Exchange Server.  

I create apps for a company that's well within the top twenty of the Fortune 500.  They're currently deploying tens of thousands of Android tablets to their workers.  Those Android tablets won't show up in this company's data, because the big boys DO have their own Exchange Servers.

Heck, if they also deployed a ton of iPads, they wouldn't show up either.

As a side note, it's not very wise of a company like this to reveal internal information about their customers' device usage.   
    [/QUOTE]

So first you're an expert on multi touch devices with "decades" of experience programming and now you're a developer writing Apps for a top 20 Fortune 500 company? You avoided my questions about which multitouch devices you've worked with, so I'll try again.

Which tablets are they deploying? Which version of Android are they using? What are you using to develop the Apps? What are the workers doing with their tablets that require specialized Apps? They obviously did some sort of study so what were the requirements that caused them to pick an inferior tablet/OS for Enterprise use?
  • Reply 51 of 54
    macrulez wrote: »
    Useless data since, as usual, Samsung doesn't break down those figures by device. A better number is the average selling price of a Samsung smartphone which verifies they sell a LOT of cheap phones for every GS3 or Note they sell.

As a developer I don't care about total sales - I care about sales of devices that are capable of properly running my App. I don't code for phones with 2.8" 240x320 screens running single core processors slower than an abacus.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    What self-respecting business trusts Gmail?!

I knew a guy, was doing some work for Lockheed-Martin, didn't think twice about sending them a file using his Gmail account: they called him up immediately and almost fired him on the spot.

No business wants Google to know what they're doing.

Love your custom tagline :D
    macrulez wrote:
    As has been stated several times earlier, this article is about a single vendor with a highly specialized product. When you find outlier statistics like this, it's probably best to look for correlations among multiple sources.

Shh... Don't make sense, they don't like it on here forums...
  • Reply 53 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmarcoot View Post

Android is winning!

That should be 'Android is whining'.

• Reply 54 of 54
    Read the article before you comment