Best Buy accuses Walmart of misleading, damaging holiday iPhone 5 sale

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    v5v wrote: »
    Not for iPhone, at least from Apple:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare%2B-for-iphone

<p style="margin-bottom:10px;padding-right:4px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-left:4px;border-bottom-width:0px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;"><b style="margin:0px;padding:0px;">How to get AppleCare+</b>
    </p>

<ul style="margin-left:0px;padding-left:1.6em;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;"> [*] Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
    [*] Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase at Apple Retail (requires inspection of the iPhone & & proof of purchase). Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order.
    </ul>

Adding to your comment just to make sure this is clear since there seems to be plenty of confusion between these similarly named but different services.

You do have 1 year from time of original Mac purchase to get AppleCare to extend your coverage to 3 years. AppleCare+ has the 30 day limit and checking to make sure the device is in proper working order because there is the 2x replacements at $50 under the AC+ plan. At least, that is how I have interpreted their reasoning for the time variance. There is no AC+ for Macs.

Also, if you have purchased Apple-branded headphones (not simply headphones from an Apple Store) they will cover those headphones under a current AC+ plan. I'm not sure if they do the same for an AC plan.

PS: Today I received a replacement PSU for my 2.5 year old MBP and extra medium-sized in-ear phone grommets(?) today. One has AC and the other AC+, respectively. I think they would have given me the headphone grommets even without any AC+ on my iPhone as they don't sell replacements.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    I went to 3 of my local walmarts to try to get this deal and none of them not any!!
  • Reply 43 of 54
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    nizzard wrote: »
    Hey - remember when Best Buy got busted comparing the picture quality delivered by Monster HDMI cables with "regular" HDMI cables...except the regular HDMI cables were composite cables?

Another crock of crap. Cable quality is only discernable in lengths of over 100 ft.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    I was wondering something's about there deal; since I went in to get a Nook Tablet or a price match a Nook simple touch; out of two Wal-Mart's none had any and this was before the deals started, but the next day there was at lease three of every tablet and e-reader on the planet so I'm thinking like best buy something is really don't seem right about the deals they offered this holiday season :)
  • Reply 45 of 54
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Adding to your comment just to make sure this is clear since there seems to be plenty of confusion between these similarly named but different services.

You do have 1 year from time of original Mac purchase to get AppleCare to extend your coverage to 3 years. AppleCare+ has the 30 day limit and checking to make sure the device is in proper working order because there is the 2x replacements at $50 under the AC+ plan. At least, that is how I have interpreted their reasoning for the time variance. There is no AC+ for Macs.

Is "conventional" AppleCare (i.e. AppleCare Protection Plan, NOT AppleCare+) even available for the iPhone? It looks like they offer only AC+ for iPhones and iPads, and only APP for Macs etc.

• Reply 46 of 54
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Is "conventional" AppleCare (i.e. AppleCare Protection Plan, NOT AppleCare+) even available for the iPhone? It looks like they offer only AC+ for iPhones and iPads, and only APP for Macs etc.

Yeah, only one type of Apple Care is available for a product category. AC for Macs and AC+ for iOS-based devices.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    anonymouse wrote: »
    And I, in response, said the numbers don't matter.
    No. You actually delivered a diatribe where that particular part of the message was delivered as an after thought and an almost dismissive manner. You said that the issue was important even if the loss had been a penny per store.

I suspect what you wanted to say was that the size of the loss does not matter, not that the numbers don't matter. There is a difference you know.

None-the-less, your screed focussed on the advertising practices, not on what I said. In doing so, your comment completely ignored what I said about the numbers and what I also said about the advertising allegations.

Worse, your response back to my comment ignored what I said by implying that the main part of your response was saying the numbers did not matter. Truth is, your comment about the numbers came at the end and represents less than 10% of your response.

In the real world, if you respond at someone with 9 minutes of diatribe over something they did not say and one minute of their perspective is different at the very end of your comments, no one is listening. You lost them early by taking them to task over something they agree with.

And so you will understand why I commented as I did originally, others had already commented on the advertising issue. I would add little new. Plus, the author of the article and the lawsuit made the size an issue as the implication was the loss was sizeable.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I was wondering something's about there deal; since I went in to get a Nook Tablet or a price match a Nook simple touch; out of two Wal-Mart's none had any and this was before the deals started, but the next day there was at lease three of every tablet and e-reader on the planet so I'm thinking like best buy something is really don't seem right about the deals they offered this holiday season :)

These stores get delivery and stock up overnight.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    WalMart lies. Only WalMart supercenter has some limited iPhone5 in stock, and even then, employees weren't aware of such deal. Regular WalMart does not even carry iPhone5 (I checked Houston area). So I don't know what 98% comes from, unless WalMart thinks there are only 2% of WalMart is non-SuperCenter

In the end, I didn't even put up the effort to explain to WalMart employee of such deal. I headed to Frys, which sold iPhone5 for $126 ($1 less than WalMart). And Frys sure honors the deal with a hot chick helping me at the check out process. I walked out of Frys with iPhone5 happily as ever.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    No. You actually delivered a diatribe where that particular part of the message was delivered as an after thought and an almost dismissive manner. You said that the issue was important even if the loss had been a penny per store.
    I suspect what you wanted to say was that the size of the loss does not matter, not that the numbers don't matter. There is a difference you know.
    None-the-less, your screed focussed on the advertising practices, not on what I said. In doing so, your comment completely ignored what I said about the numbers and what I also said about the advertising allegations.
    Worse, your response back to my comment ignored what I said by implying that the main part of your response was saying the numbers did not matter. Truth is, your comment about the numbers came at the end and represents less than 10% of your response.
    In the real world, if you respond at someone with 9 minutes of diatribe over something they did not say and one minute of their perspective is different at the very end of your comments, no one is listening. You lost them early by taking them to task over something they agree with.
    And so you will understand why I commented as I did originally, others had already commented on the advertising issue. I would add little new. Plus, the author of the article and the lawsuit made the size an issue as the implication was the loss was sizeable.

Well, I don't know what "numbers" you are talking about then, because the only ones you discussed were the losses. If you wanted to say something about some other "numbers", maybe you should have mentioned them, you know, to put them in perspective.

BTW, the numbers don't matter.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Well, I don't know what "numbers" you are talking about then, because the only ones you discussed were the losses. If you wanted to say something about some other "numbers", maybe you should have mentioned them, you know, to put them in perspective.
    BTW, the numbers don't matter.
    Are you intentionally dense or do you really not understand?

Either way, I'm done with you.
  • Reply 52 of 54

Deleted...already covered in another post.

• Reply 53 of 54

my buddy's mother makes $88 every hour on the internet. She has been out of work for 8 months but last month her income was $20667 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more www.Great70.c0m

• Reply 54 of 54
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Not for iPhone, at least from Apple:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare%2B-for-iphone

<p style="margin-bottom:10px;padding-right:4px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-left:4px;border-bottom-width:0px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;"><b style="margin:0px;padding:0px;">How to get AppleCare+</b>
    </p>

<ul style="margin-left:0px;padding-left:1.6em;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;"> [*] Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
    [*] Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase at Apple Retail (requires inspection of the iPhone & & proof of purchase). Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order.
    </ul>

Yikes- learned something. Sorry for the misinformation