iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise'

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 99
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    macrulez wrote: »
    How many of you honestly believe that AAPL will experience only perpetual growth forever?

For those who don't hold such a view, what year to do you predict it will decline?

Too bad this thread is dead. Good question. The technology revolution in personal computation that Apple is the best player in so far should have a long run, say equal to the personal transportation revolution of the last century.

Since Daimler Benz is still with us after 100 years, I can easily see Apple taking that role for the duration of the knowledge technology revolution. Google can be Ford, Samsung Hyundai.

Why don't you start a thread on this?
  • Reply 82 of 99
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    How many of you honestly believe that AAPL will experience only perpetual growth forever?

For those who don't hold such a

view, what year to do you predict it will decline?

No one does. However, using false numbers and rumors as fact is reprehensible. I guess if you predict Apple's demise daily, one day it may be true. Just like one day the Cubs will win the Series.
  • Reply 83 of 99
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 84 of 99
    What year do you think AAPL will decline?

Not in the near term. When do u think coke or McDonald's or google or f'n amazon will decline.
  • Reply 85 of 99

deleted

• Reply 86 of 99
    1 year?  3 years?  10 years?

Your naive wishful thinking is showing.

Like I said, maybe give it 100 years.
  • Reply 87 of 99

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

I'd be happy to answer that on the Coke, McDonald's, Google, or Amazon forums.  Trying to stay on topic here.

The topic was iPhone 5 orders. We're well off it now. Go ahead. Answer.

• Reply 88 of 99

deleted

• Reply 89 of 99

deleted

• Reply 90 of 99

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

…future projections…

2002, 2002, 2008, and 2001, respectively.

I wonder how that's an answer.

• Reply 91 of 99

Well, actually, the article here opens with:
    ...and then continues on to discuss possible future projections for AAPL.

Just the same, in appreciation for your gracious support I'll happily answer the question so earnestly asked: 

2002, 2002, 2008, and 2001, respectively.

It seems that all companies not run by magic unicorns have an off year sooner or later.

Since none of those companies are in a decline now then Apple's "decline" was when the fake numbers came out. It will quickly go back up when earnings are announced. The iPhone isn't on the num 1 carrier in the world, the Mac still has room to grow, the iPad is an infant as well. There is plenty of upside in the next 10 years at least.
  • Reply 92 of 99

deleted

• Reply 93 of 99
    That may not be a bad guess, and most analysts would consider it optimistic.  But be careful what you write here, since what the outside world would consider optimism may here meet with accusations of "naive wishful thinking".
    Analysts have been predicting Apple's death sine 1997. One day they hope they'll be right.
  • Reply 94 of 99

This is bizarre. Another of my posts was blocked yesterday after just briefly going online. I do not know whether it was a "spam" filter or AI forum administrators just censoring posts they do not like. For whatever it is worth, I am posting it below.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur 

I think you have a duty to stop shrieking about Apple's decline and fall until you can think more holistically than just visually. Unless you want the likes of Samsung and Google to win.... A moment's holistic thinking will tell you that Ive and a team of the world's best designers... Visually is no way to think about technological ecosystems. Think tactile-ly, like Ive does, like Marshall McLuhan did. It's the most integrative of the senses. And calming.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Will you get off this New Age high horse, please… Stop romanticizing Sir Ive and take a hard look at the reality. 

Irrespective of all his awards, Sir Ive dropped the ball with iPhone 5 – his manic insistence on hard-to-manufacture-but-easy-scratch “edge”, his refusal to widen the ridiculously narrow screen cost AAPL investors dearly… - from $700 to $500. The only one who was able to overrule Sir Ive was Steve Jobs. Now with Forstall out and Cook having neither the vision nor guts to restrain the unbounded artistic urges of Ive, the dude is bound to make more damage. What’s even more dangerous to Apple is that Ive – with no software development experience whatsoever - is in charge of iOS. 

All this talk about Apple investing into data centers hides the ugly truth – for years Apple has been underinvesting in pure research. It spends on it less relative to its profits than ANY of its major competitors. Well, such “savings” inevitably came back and bite your ass. Cook’s leadership only exacerbates the problem - Apple became greedy, conservative and slow moving.

No, I do not root neither for Samsung nor Google but for consumers to have the easiest to use and most affordable device. And my wallet will vote for the one who delivers it, be it Apple or not… though the latest development tell me it won’t be Apple. Instead, I see Cook ousted from his CEO post and AAPL dropping another $200 within 2 years, may be sooner.

• Reply 95 of 99

Quote:

Originally Posted by enature View Post

This is bizarre. Another of my posts was blocked yesterday after just briefly going online. I do not know whether it was a "spam" filter or AI forum administrators just censoring posts they do not like. For whatever it is worth, I am posting it below.

Mine was also deleted, or not even published. I don't know.

• Reply 96 of 99

52 million iphones sold last quarter. Enough said. Analysts image

• Reply 97 of 99

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtacee1990 View Post

52 million iphones sold last quarter. Enough said. Analysts image

Where did you get this info?

• Reply 98 of 99

You believe AAPL will perpetually grow for a hundred years without any decline in there at all?  I admire your optimism.

When you asked about decline, you were implying permanent decline. Apple can have a few bad years now and then over the next how-many-ever years are left in the knowledge revolution in which they, along with Intel and Microsoft, maybe Google, are now leading companies.

As in the car biz, which has lasted 100+ years so far, a few companies will be there for the duration, like Benz. Apple has the best chance of any so far to go the distance. Why? Because they're onto the same formula that always makes a few good companies last in their respective disciplines.

Don't be so short-sighted. This isn't Osborne or Atari we're talking about. You seem to be unaware that you are witnessing the early years of a defining technological era, like the Industrial Revolution. How long has Krupp been around? DuPont? Open your eyes. It ain't optimism, it's logic.

Edit: I do not mean to suggest in the second sentence above that Apple is in any kind of decline right now or that it will be in the near future. All this recent talk is made up "news" for manipulating the stock price to $500.
  • Reply 99 of 99

deleted