Apple retail VP Jerry McDougal reportedly leaves company to spend more time with family [u]

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post



    Ahhh, the old "Spend more time with his family" line. Usually when someone uses a reason like that or becomes a "Special Advisor", "Head of Special Projects" or the like it means they were forced to resign.


     


    Ah yes, I hear that the next time Microsoft's board meets Steve Ballmer may decide to spend more time with his family too. Maybe he will get a chance to head up Bill Gates "potties for the third-world" program. 

  • Reply 22 of 28


    Sinking ship?


     


    $4.2 billion in Q4 (ending in October, i.e. before the holiday bump). Sinking with money, I think.


     


    I think it is a wee but past your bedtime, Governor Tarkin.

  • Reply 23 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post


     


    Maybe.   But if you've made enough money and you have enough stock and your options have already come due,  there comes a time when you say to yourself, "I don't need the aggravation anymore, even (or maybe especially) if I do get promoted."     That's one of the disadvantages of paying people too well.    They don't have to stay.



    No doubt I'm speculating. But there are a few good reasons for believing this is not just a family related situation:


     


    - Timing (Browett gone for 2 months now and so McDougall knows where he stands)


    - Many people who get to his position do so because they are driven. Some walk away. Many don't.


    - Apple usually ignores rumors, particularly those that are inconsequential. The fact that they're going out of their way to say this is family-related means it isn't.

  • Reply 24 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post


     


    Ah yes, I hear that the next time Microsoft's board meets Steve Ballmer may decide to spend more time with his family too. Maybe he will get a chance to head up Bill Gates "potties for the third-world" program. 



     


    I'm surprised that hasn't happened already after his "appearance" at the Qualcomm CES keynote. Check out his entrance 

  • Reply 25 of 28

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post



    Sorry, no way this is "just leaving to spend time with family" thing. Not now... Not at this particular juncture in Apple's history. Not buyin' it.


     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Wide with Pride View Post



    On the surface this screams that he got passed over for the head retail gig once again. Just don't lie to me that this had nothing to do work-related and come to find out later that it was.


     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post


    He might have been told he wasn't under consideration. Being left out twice in a row could be the last straw for him.



    Or he might just have had enough and he doesn't want the top job? I'd retire too, if I had the money :D

  • Reply 26 of 28
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    On the surface this screams that he got passed over for the head retail gig once again. Just don't lie to me that this had nothing to do work-related and come to find out later that it was.
    Why does it matter to you?
  • Reply 27 of 28


    BLOWED UP.

  • Reply 28 of 28


    AI, you can't say one thing in the title then a completely different scenario in the article. It's confusing.

Sign In or Register to comment.