Judge agrees to add newly released Apple and Samsung devices to upcoming trial

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29

Offtopic, but pertinent to readability of headlines:

This has been bugging me for 2 weeks now.

Can someone check the document processing structure to see if there is an open tag or a missing semicolon on a class or id attribute?

• Reply 22 of 29
    kr00kr00 Posts: 99member

Looks like the fandroids have hijacked yet another AI forum thread. This is getting monotonous. I hope they get laid soon, then maybe their egos will be satisfied enough to forget about trolling Apple forums. Sad, pathetic people you are.

Maybe they should go "bump" something with one another.

• Reply 23 of 29

Yes, Apple users universally agree that the feature that their phone doesn't have is the stupid thing ever and nobody would ever use it until it comes out on the iPhone 5S, at which point it will be the newest greatest thing that Apple invented independently of anything else on the market. And will then promptly sue Samsung over it.

• Reply 24 of 29
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You make be able to make a case where you want to create a connection to transfer stuff to some anonymous person like some 70's key party but I can't think of s a single time where I wanted to do that. Anonymity means I don't transfer anything with you. Zip, zero, zilch. If we're gonna touch phones you can damn well bet we know each other.

A bit paranoid, but okay.  Each to their own.  I live on a side road near a park, where people often get lost and ask for directions.   It's easier for me to beam them a map than to explain it.

By anonymous, I also don't necessarily mean strangers.  I believe I even mentioned "new friends".   A good example was over Christmas when my wife invited a dozen cousins who drove up to a hundred miles to come.  We rented a party room at the lake and had a good time.  Anyway, some had Android phones and we exchanged photos and contacts without first having to type in a new email address or other id.  Very handy.

The party had to break up early because of the blizzard that stormed through, and in a matter of minutes, two of the three routes from our little town to main highways were cut off.   Instead of having to explain how to get out the final (and unknown to the cousins) way, I was able to instantly give Google Navigation directions to them.   Without even knowing their email address.

All of this, btw, has nothing to do with the thread title.  Someone else hijacked it.   In a while, I'll post details of this trial for anyone who's interested.

• Reply 25 of 29

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

A bit paranoid, but okay.  Each to their own.  I live on a side road near a park, where people often get lost and ask for directions.   It's easier for me to beam them a map than to explain it.

If you can "beam it", they're already not lost, because they have a similar phone with its own maps and GPS.

1+1 is equalling 17 here.

• Reply 26 of 29
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post

I will freely admit Samsung did not copy from Apple the ability to transfer files by touching two phones together. Not surprisingly, no one has ever done that other than the people in the commercial.

Bump, which was the one billionth download from the App store, so yes Samsung did copy that functionality using a different method.

• Reply 27 of 29
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If you can "beam it", they're already not lost, because they have a similar phone with its own maps and GPS.

1+1 is equalling 17 here.

It's so hard to open the navigation App of your choice and hit "home" in your saved locations.

• Reply 28 of 29
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That doesn't help.  We live in the hills near Skylands Manor, which is a mansion / park that people come from several states to hike in.   However, there are two entrances, one main and one hidden near us.   Sometimes only one is open, and GPS's direct people to the other one and they get lost trying to find the second entrance ... which is nowhere near the first one.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

It's so hard to open the navigation App of your choice and hit "home" in your saved locations.

Yep, hitting home is easy.  The trouble was, everyone lived south of us, and the only road open was through New York state north of us, via a roundabout trip where it's easy to get confused and end up on an interstate with no exits for thirty miles.   So Home directions were useless, as they first needed to know how to get out the wrong direction to a town I could enter that would put them on the right track to go south again.

And we're still off topic.  Maybe nobody cares about this lawsuit since it's not getting big headlines.

• Reply 29 of 29

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Sometimes only one is open, and GPS's direct people to the other one and they get lost trying to find the second entrance … which is nowhere near the first one.

Could have sworn Google's maps were infallible¡ Or at least had multiple routes¡

Of course it helps. They have the map. They can easily see how to leave.