First footage of Ashton Kutcher as Apple's Steve Jobs emerges

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The first footage from "jOBS" hit the Internet on Thursday, giving viewers a peek of actors Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad as Apple co-founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.



The clip, obtained by ETonline, shows Kutcher (as Jobs) excitedly attempting to convey to Gad (as Wozniak) how important the Wozniak's nascent operating system is.

Gad's Woz remains unconvinced, thinking that "nobody wants to buy a computer." But Kutcher's Jobs remains the visionary, asking, "How does somebody know what they want if they've never even seen it?"

Kutcher's Jobs, Gad's Wozniak
Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad as Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.


"jOBS" will hit theaters on April 19, coinciding with Apple's 37th anniversary. The film will cover 30 years of Jobs' life, from 1971 to 2000. "jOBS" is one of two forthcoming films focused on the late Apple cofounder. The other is a big-budget, Sony-backed picture penned by award-winning scribe Aaron Sorkin and based on Walter Isaacson's official biography.
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 47
    Still sounds like Kelso to me.
  • Reply 2 of 47
    I'm debating what is worse; stories on jOBS or the analysts stock recommendation...
  • Reply 3 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    That clip makes it look like it's written better than I had imaged although it still feels like a TV movie, at best.
  • Reply 4 of 47
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That clip makes it look like it's written better than I had imaged although it still feels like a TV movie, at best.

    Clip? I only see a picture (or frame?) Hmm, probably have too many ad blockers installed...
  • Reply 5 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Clip? I only see a picture (or frame?) Hmm, probably have too many ad blockers installed...

    edit: It's on the main page but not added to the forum: http://www.etonline.com/movies/129595_Ashton_Kutcher_Becomes_Steve_Jobs/index.html
  • Reply 6 of 47
    Oh Kelso. Dude, where's my car?
  • Reply 7 of 47


    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

    Oh Kelso. Dude, where's my car?


     


    "You sold it to get the money to start Apple, remember? Jeez, Steve, lay off the transcendental medication."

  • Reply 8 of 47
    mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member


    Wow. Kutcher sure seems to have nailed Jobs' vocal mannerisms/style.

  • Reply 9 of 47
    gustavgustav Posts: 826member
    So far, so good.
  • Reply 10 of 47
    Not too convinced with this guy playing Wozniak but other than that Kutchner seems to channel the reality distortion field well.
  • Reply 11 of 47
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member


    That clip doesn't make it seem like the film is going to be very technically or historically accurate.


     


    We hardly had "You can see what you're working on, while you're working on it", with the first Apple board, which is what it sounds like they're talking about.

  • Reply 12 of 47
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member


    Most people have been talking trash about this movie, because Ashton Kutcher is in it. I remember the old threads about this topic.


     


    I'll say the same thing now that I said back then. I'm more skeptical about the Sony movie, because it's written by the same guy who wrote "the Social Network". That guy has a very particular style, a style that I am personally not too fond of. And who's going to play Steve Jobs in the Sony movie? I don't think that has been revealed yet.


     


    I'll end up watching both of them anyway.

  • Reply 13 of 47
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That clip makes it look like it's written better than I had imaged although it still feels like a TV movie, at best.

    A bad Lifetime channel movie perhaps.

    TV movies aren't all stinkers, but this seems like it would be one. Boring scene and walk and talks are never a good move
  • Reply 14 of 47
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    mj1970 wrote: »
    Wow. Kutcher sure seems to have nailed Jobs' vocal mannerisms/style.

    Yeah he's a great mimic, but mimicry and acting are different skills and he hasn't shown the latter. And never has Gad. Nor has the director shown he can direct. Chris Columbus uses the same line reading style with child actors but the babies in the first Harry Potter danced rings around this scene
  • Reply 15 of 47
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    kdarling wrote: »
    That clip doesn't make it seem like the film is going to be very technically or historically accurate.

    We hardly had "You can see what you're working on, while you're working on it", with the first Apple board, which is what it sounds like they're talking about.

    They are trying to cover close to 20 years in two hours, of course they compressed the time table.

    Biopics are not documentaries after all.
  • Reply 16 of 47
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,716member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post



    That clip makes it look like it's written better than I had imaged although it still feels like a TV movie, at best.


    At best. Its unfair to judge by so little but its impossible not to. Looks like acting class, to me.

  • Reply 17 of 47
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,674member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Clip? I only see a picture (or frame?) Hmm, probably have too many ad blockers installed...

    edit: It's on the main page but not added to the forum: http://www.etonline.com/movies/129595_Ashton_Kutcher_Becomes_Steve_Jobs/index.html

    Main page? People actually go there? Hmpf, ok. Well, thank for the reply. Don't know what to make of this movie. Surely not going to watch it. That might be because in Dutch kut means **** and cher means, well, Cher. And I dislike one of them.

    edit: good thing this site blocks nasty words; I truly think that is a good idea. Still, just editing my post to let you know I wrote the c-word there.
  • Reply 18 of 47
    mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post



    Yeah he's a great mimic, but mimicry and acting are different skills and he hasn't shown the latter. And never has Gad. Nor has the director shown he can direct. Chris Columbus uses the same line reading style with child actors but the babies in the first Harry Potter danced rings around this scene


     


    Sounds like someone maybe has a stick up his butt about Aston Kutcher.


     


    image


     


    Sheesh.

  • Reply 19 of 47
    "Jay-Obbs." Should have called it "That 70s Computer"
  • Reply 20 of 47
    mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post



    ...and walk and talks are never a good move


     


    And why is that? Is it because people don't, you know, walk and talk at the same time in real life?

Sign In or Register to comment.