Apple again blocks latest version of Java through OS X anti-malware system

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    ijoynerijoyner Posts: 135member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wantstowork View Post

I can no longer work from home due to Apple!!!!!

Time to get a PC

At least I can get infected in peace if I want too!

Alas, that is not good enough for most consumers. But as a developer I know how you feel, but I think the main part of the blame lies with Java not treating the Mac seriously enough (although this problem is also with Losedows). I still seems to have Java update 11 active on my machine - although the explanatory pages at Oracle about version numbers and updates makes my head hurt... talk about geek talk!

• Reply 42 of 49
    Really Apple, I need to use Java, and it should be my choice, if I have to use it. Also I have a macbook with Snow Leopard and Apple ceased developing for it, even Safari that is FULL OF BUGS AND SECURITY FLAWS!!! It's a browser, at least security updates should be given!!! Years talking about the bad Microsoft and after all Apple is the worst nightmare!
  • Reply 43 of 49

Originally Posted by wantstowork View Post

I can no longer work from home due to Apple!!!!!

Time to get a PC

At least I can get infected in peace if I want too!

Or you could just use a different browser instead of this insanity.

• Reply 44 of 49
    cashxxcashxx Posts: 114member

Java is disabled on OSX no Web browser is going to use Java.   Stop saying that!

Fix is easy....follow the steps out there to reenable java.....not hard!  

Oracle has to get their crap together and get its bug ridden software repaired!

• Reply 45 of 49

Originally Posted by cashxx View Post

Java is disabled on OSX no Web browser is going to use Java.   Stop saying that!

Fix is easy....follow the steps out there to reenable java.....not hard!

So why would you bother correcting me when the correction is wrong?

• Reply 46 of 49
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

That said, if I were in your shoes I'd be giving someone in the VAT declaration office an earful about the need to replace that Java-based VAT declaration process, stat.

Here we go again.......

He was right when he said "paternalism." He could have added 'condescending' in your case.

His government requires him to use software that is patently insecure.  He's supposed to be OK with that? 

• Reply 47 of 49
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Oracle Releases Java 7 Update 13 to Address Security Issues, Reenable Web Plug-in on OS X

See how fast that happens when a little "paternalistic" pressure is applied?  image

• Reply 48 of 49
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijoyner View Post

Alas, that is not good enough for most consumers. But as a developer I know how you feel, but I think the main part of the blame lies with Java not treating the Mac seriously enough (although this problem is also with Losedows). I still seems to have Java update 11 active on my machine - although the explanatory pages at Oracle about version numbers and updates makes my head hurt... talk about geek talk!

This problem had nothing to do with lack of Mac support by Oracle. Java's vulnerability affects all platforms for which Java 7 browser plug-ins exist. I have not followed this latest vulnerability, however the U. S. Government issued a warning not to use Java following the discovery of the last vulnerability. I cannot recall the Government's ever before issuing such a warning. In view of this, Apple would have been derelict in its duty and possibly legally liable if it had not disabled the plug-in.