Ashton Kutcher on Steve Jobs biopic: 'This was done with the utmost love, admiration, and respect'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I think people's objections to this film are based on considerations other than love, admiration and respect.

People that make their own Star Trek episodes are surely doing it for love, admiration and respect but that doesn't mean the end result isn't crap.

Raise your glasses... a toast to crap! (clink)

• Reply 22 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Real nerds played "Blue Max" on a Commodore 64.  Or so I'm told.

Real nerds played games they programmed themselves. ;)

• Reply 23 of 29
    Am I the only one that noticed the "utmost care" quote is attributed to Gads in the article, but to Kutcher in the headline? Me thinks AppleInsider doesn't proofread anything.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

Interesting that the actor they hired to play Woz only knows Woz as some guy on "Dancing with the Stars."

• Reply 25 of 29
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

The upmost respect love and understanding doesn't save the movie from being worse than a rotten tomato.  Its the writer, director and producers fault.

• Reply 26 of 29
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    What's Kutchers next role, the Aurora, CO, Movie Massacre Gunman?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Why didn't they talk to Woz during the script writing? Seems like a no-brainer to me.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    ijoynerijoyner Posts: 135member

Wow, the IIGS brings back memories. We had a prerelease GS at NetComm (Australia) in an ordinary Apple II case and sworn to secrecy. If anyone passed by they thought I was just working on the Apple II (of course NetComm's secret weapon was our Burroughs ALGOL-based development language for Apple II, SDL).

One day a journalist rang me up and told me Apple had told him to contact me for information on the GS because I was the Australian expert on the machine (wow I didn't know that!). But I told him I would not give out any information until I'd cleared it personally with Apple. So I spoke to my contact at Apple and it was all cleared because the IIGS was being released the next day. After that we got a new one in the nice IIGS box.

• Reply 29 of 29
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

When do we get to the "serious Apple nerd creed" part? Sorry, but playing Number Crunchers is not serious nerd cred by any stretch of the imagination.

As for the title, what do you expect them to say? "It was a hatchet job and we really couldn't stand the guy so we did our best to make him look bad"?

So you've seen the film, then.