TiBook (Next revision questions)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    [quote]Originally posted by gwhylow:

<strong>Originally posted by sjpsu:

Except for processor and screen, the current TiBook comes in at a lower price. If Apple were to offer a 16.1 screen, I hope they would also offer the current 15.2 inch screen.

----------------------

i checked those specs for the sony and it has a buss speed of 400 Mhz. the tibook is still at 133mhz. this is one of the reason i didn't buy the new ti and will wait until the buss speed has been improved. i have been waiting to buy one. the corrected the other reason i didn't buy (screen resolution). now they need to up the bus speed. Well, i dont' need it so i can wait. however, i am getting tired of waiting for apple to "catch-up".</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow you're going to be waiting a very, very long time. The powermacs are going to get DDR and faster buses first, and then it will be a long wait before they trickle down to the Ti. I'd say you're looking at MWNY 2003, buddy.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    tobyxtobyx Posts: 35member
    I am getting a new computer end of this year, probably December. It will be a PowerBook to finally replace my good old PowerMac G4 Cube 450.

I like this discussion Amazing time to wait until the next revision is available. But if Apple won't be updating the Powerbook until then in a major sense, I would be disappointed big time.

6 - 8 months to go. I have faith
  • Reply 23 of 24
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    The next revision will probably be relatively minor. By this, I mean a CPU speed bump, a HD bump, etc. Nothing revolutionary. All the other components were just bumped (except the motherboard which is updated with less frequency than the CPU).

It seems unrealistic that Apple would come out with a significantly different machine only several months after the current revision. Apple is not likely to repeat the IIvx debacle.

Should you buy one? If you need a powerbook, then yes you should. The current TiBooks are well equipped, and most importantly, have a graphics card that can support quartz extreme (the higher density display is also a sincere plus).

If you don't need a powerbook right away, then wait. Waiting is always best.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    schvoo2schvoo2 Posts: 3member
    Personnaly, I think the G5 is coming either in July or September, and will be built into the PB as early as MYSF 2003. Anyone from apple, read this: The Power Book needs, Faster (7500rpm) and larger (60-100gb) HD, 933mhz-1.2ghz, faster bus speed, built in bluetooth/Airport, and leave the current form. :cool: