Apple looking to expand role of Siri as an 'OS within an OS'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    Yes!  Something about the size of the current AppleTV Remote -- that can interface with the iPad Mini when needed.   Want talk use the StickPhone -- want to see/surf/navigate use the iPad Mini.  Both use a common SIM and Voice/Message/Data plan.
    Yes a target for people who can't afford a major phone, they could call it IPhone shuffle(all it would be is a iPod shuffle with a phone incorporated

Of corse with a boost
  • Reply 62 of 66
    Yes a target for people who can't afford a major phone, they could call it IPhone shuffle(all it would be is a iPod shuffle with a phone incorparated
    Of corse with a boost
  • Reply 63 of 66
    joelsalt wrote: »
    I have no problem with people making fun of us Canadians, but no one here sounds like that! Maybe Newfoundland, but more often than not people doing "Canadian" accents end up sounding like Minnesotans !

Yeah, ya kinda do sound like that. I lived along the Ontario border for years. To deny a simple accent I've always found stupid. No Southerner or New Yorker denies their accents.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Siri is the worst personal assistant I've ever had. Every time I ask her to send a text message, she gives me about 1.5 seconds of talk time before she decides it's time to send the text. Infuriating.
  • Reply 65 of 66

Originally Posted by godrifle View Post

Siri is the worst personal assistant I've ever had. Every time I ask her to send a text message, she gives me about 1.5 seconds of talk time before she decides it's time to send the text. Infuriating.

Well, it's a text, after all. She's telling you to be more succinct. image

• Reply 66 of 66
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    timmillea wrote: »
    That would be a big mistake. Two people generally cannot understand each other. To ask a device to understand someone better than a friend is asking more than the state of the art can deliver. These are boundaries which Apple & associates have no prospect of breaching any time soon. The user experience would be poor and reflect badly upon Apple.

It is a worthy challenge for the next generation of Apple - not the current incumbents.
    It is possible the exact issue you refer to, i.e. the lack of understanding between two people, is actually less of an issue with Siri (maybe not now but in the future). Humans listen through filters of personal agendas, experiences and biases hence you are correct to say they generally don't necessarily understand acurately a lot of what is communicated to them much of the time. This isn't true of a computer thus far, so as long as the system is robust it should do pretty well.