Microsoft raises Office for Mac 2011 prices, pushes customers toward Office 365

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71

Things must be really bad a Redmond, because this just seems to be yet another (in a long line) of suicide attempts by Microsoft.

Let's hope this one is successful.

• Reply 62 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

Do you have any offers for the majority of users not fortunate enough to work amongst the select companies?

Amazon still has the Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack (3 perpetual licenses) for $110. Get it while it lasts.

• Reply 63 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

God no, Ballmer is doing us all a favor by giving us all a good laugh from time to time!

You talkin' 'bout Uncle Fester?

• Reply 64 of 71
    philboogie wrote: »
    God no, Ballmer is doing us all a favor by giving us all a good laugh from time to time!

You talkin' 'bout Uncle Fester?

He's quite a character, isn't he?
  • Reply 65 of 71

Call me crazy but I really don't want Apple to make iWork a direct competitor to Office as it seems so many others do.  I like its simplicity and ease of use.  All the professional whiz bang features that some are clamoring for would go unused by me and I suspect most of the general population.

If Apple really wants to compete with Office, a new professional grade suite should be created.  They could call it iWork Pro.  This way those who wanted a more basic (and cheap) package would have that option and those who needed more would be covered as well.

Making iWork try to be all things for all people will only wind up pleasing no one.  Hmmm, just like Office now.

• Reply 66 of 71

Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

"Sir, they came back."

Does that happen?

• Reply 67 of 71
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    yensid98 wrote: »

They could call it iWork Pro.

How about "iWork More", instead?
  • Reply 68 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

How about "iWork More", instead?

Now that's funny!  image image

• Reply 69 of 71
    To whom it my concern,

I am truly tired of the lack of action and the false assurance from the Office 365 MAC support department. I contacted them shortly after receiving an email from Microsoft Answers.

I spoke with someone by the name of Abdul who said he was a level two tech and he would resolve my issue permanently. He looked around my computer remotely, he did not change any programs nor did he make any adjustments. I am not an idiot, I saw him open a close windows without doing anything. He then told me that I would not need a supervisor and that my issue would not happen again. He then informed me that he would send me an email so that I could contact him directly if the issue was to happen again, but he exclaimed it definitely would not happen again.

I never received an email from him, which I was not a surprise since all five service requests have yet to follow through with any of their promises. I am tired of wasting 45 minutes each time I have to call for someone to do nothing and then falsely assure me that the Microsoft 365 Office for MAC is working fine and will not have any future problems. Since my call, the subscription instillation request issue has happened three more times.

I have in good faith provided Microsoft 365 (Mac) with every opportunity to rectify the matter. As a communications student at the University of Miami, I need a product that works 24/7 and does not require being re-installed every few days.

If anyone at Microsoft Office 365 Office cares about his or her product, please take a moment to gather the information required to fix this issue within your subscription plan.

• Reply 70 of 71
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Just went to the Office 365 website, it told me my browser (Chrome Beta) is outdated, and I should install the latest Internet Explorer (never mind that I'm on Linux).  

Microsoft is going to be completely irrelevant in a few years.  Apple broke their desktop dominance, iOS and Android ended PC dominance in general, and Linux is ending their server dominance.  Web apps are the future, and Microsoft sucks at them.  They also suck at pricing, and a number of other things too.  

The business version of Google Apps is $5 per month, and has some cool features, works flawlessly across devices, and while not as full featured as Office, is more than full featured enough (unless you actually like using Excel as a programming platform).  LibreOffice is enough for those afraid of the cloud, and I'm sure iWork is more than adequate for most things.  PDFs are for sharing.  Microsoft is for those who like frustration...

• Reply 71 of 71
    I was able to find Office Home & Business for Mac at a very reasonable price here:

http://macofficestore.shop.rakuten.com/

I believe they also have the Student version.