Apple exploring self-resizing keys for iPhone keyboard

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26

For the iPad a familiar concept already exists as app:  www.TypeWay.com

The keys automatically adapt to typing habits and finger positions. 

• Reply 22 of 26

For the iPad a familiar concept already exists as app:  www.TypeWay.com

The keys automatically adapt to typing habits and to actual finger positions. 

• Reply 23 of 26
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Useless. This is a fundamental GUI design no-no. You do not change the size or position of the click/touch target on the user. Apple broke the rule already once before when they released OS X with resizing and moving dock icons during mouse roll-over. OS X violated so many of Apple's precious UI design rules. They got slammed by many designers in the media for it, while everyone else went oooo and aww at the lickability Steve had demanded. It's taken half OS X's lifetime to undo these useless eye candy choices and settle into the useable OS it is today.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Someone forgot the U
  • Reply 25 of 26
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hattrickman1489 View Post

Someone forgot the U

lol ... you're right.  Very observant!    They put a second "Q" in place of the "U".

• Reply 26 of 26
    Here's the story on the current implementation of predictive text input UI

evilution wrote: »
    The only keyboard issue I have on my iPad is in "Messages". The send button is too small. I rarely get it 1st time.

I sometims hit the send button instead of the letter O or P. I think they should replace the top Edit button with the Send button, because there's no reason to edit your dialogue while typing a new message.

My sole complaint with Messages is that it doesn't behave in iOS as it does in OS X. 

Return in iOS starts a new line. Return in OS X sends the message.

Option-Return for OSX. And yes, it is non intuitive.
    Full screen keyboard would be nice.

To accomplish what, keys 2 inches high?