Myo brings a new twist on gesture control for Macs, PCs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    wigby wrote: »
    At least google glass lets you "interact" with the world hands free

I have 5 senses that let me interact with the "world" hands free, and they do for free without requiring I spend $1400 to do so.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Whilst I Like LeapMotion (I have a developer version), but I think this is quite different.

It probably won't have as fine grained control possibilities, but equally you don't have to be very near the mac and sitting at a desk, and it will work with iOS / AirPlay :)

Price looks high when Leap Motion can be pre-ordered for $70 though.
  • Reply 23 of 28

I would say beware of slideware here or in this case videoware. Yes a very cool idea and see like a great idea, I bet it takes training the device and you can be almost assure the demo it purely demo, what you saw was someone pretending to control things but in reality there was the man behind the curtain.

The is like voice dictation, yeah it is great, but the mere fact you have to spend time training the system turns it off for most consumers.

I would like to see it in real action with a real application and see how long it take someone to master fine controls and possibly train it to your body specific characteristics.

• Reply 24 of 28
    Looks awesome but I wonder how accurate it will actually be. It could be very frustrating if you are doing homework, flip the page in your book and accidentally change the song on your iPod. Or if you are running, the hand motions might be triggered by your arm swings. I think it's a great idea but needs more time to be tested and perfected.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    oWwoa! If i had the mony i'd preorderd it directly :D :D
  • Reply 26 of 28
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Super cool and useful gadget - if it works as well as advertised, Apple should really, really buy this company!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    zinniazinnia Posts: 2member
    here you can check the comparisons of both, & find out which is suitable for you. Clink the link below:
    http://outfresh.com/latest-technology/new-tech-devices/gesture-control-myo-vs-leap-motion/
  • Reply 28 of 28
    zinniazinnia Posts: 2member
    The mobility & flexible feature of MYO has overcome over Leap Motion. for more info click the link below:
    http://outfresh.com/latest-technology/new-tech-devices/gesture-control-myo-vs-leap-motion/