Apple using eBay to blow through 13" MacBook Pros for $999, dozens of refurbished iPads [Ux2]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    I seriously doubt that Apple has ANYTHING to do with these retailers. Sounds more like these guys are paying a large wad of cash to AI for the advertising.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    dcj001dcj001 Posts: 301member
    alansky wrote: »
    The 2.5GHz 13" MacBook Pro is available as a refurb on Apple's website right now for $1019, just $19 more than the super-special "limited time" eBay offer lauded in the article.

It is $20 more.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

It's no secret that Apple maintains a somewhat unofficial refurbished outlet on eBay

Um... This was news to me!

• Reply 24 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Yes! kill it! it makes me sick to look at that old POS in the same table as a super fast and modern rMBP, macbook air and iMac.

It belongs to the past.

Only clueless people buy it, they don't realize that the air is 3x as fast (ssd).

Nice...

Obviously it's better looking than every other laptop, but against the air and rmbp?please.

It's the perfect choice for people who complain about how Apple's "obsession with thinness".

• Reply 25 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

Um... This was news to me!

What about this? 

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Includes a 1-year warranty.

• Reply 26 of 31
    You forgot to mention the 50 dollar shipping charge.

I wouldn't exactly consider any of this a "deal."
  • Reply 27 of 31
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member

Quote:

Yes! kill it! it makes me sick to look at that old POS in the same table as a super fast and modern rMBP, macbook air and iMac.

It belongs to the past.

Only clueless people buy it, they don't realize that the air is 3x as fast (ssd).

Nice...

Obviously it's better looking than every other laptop, but against the air and rmbp?please.

Sorry, but it's still the best selling Apple computer, and you can get it with an SSD if you want to give up the hard drive space. Maybe more people want an optical drive than you think. I wouldn't trade my 15".

• Reply 28 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Hopefully this means the next refresh will dump the old formfactor completely, and the lowest priced model will be a slim without the overpriced retina display. Just give me the slim chassis with the updated screen found in the MBA, and I'll be happy.

Quote:

It belongs to the past.

Nice...

The lack of expandability in the current rMBP is a deal killer for me.  Also while the super fast SSD is nice, I need storage not blazing speed.  In other words, I am not clueless, but the rMBP does not meet my needs.

If Apple wants to keep the non-upgradable slim models, they should sell them as MacBook not MacBook Pro.  Like I said in my feedback to Apple, I will gladly give back the .2 inches for the upgradability back.  

What I would love to see is a MBP (w/ or w/o retina) with upgradable RAM and a Fusion Drive (Speed and Storage).  

• Reply 29 of 31
    elroth wrote: »
    Sorry, but it's still the best selling Apple computer, and you can get it with an SSD if you want to give up the hard drive space. Maybe more people want an optical drive than you think. I wouldn't trade my 15".

I want an optical drive as a removable placeholder for a second hard drive. If I could get that and retina then great. Having that killer screen does nothing for me if I can't store anything on it to view. Lugging around an external is a bigger pain than a thicker case.
  • Reply 30 of 31

Originally Posted by AJMonline View Post

Also while the super fast SSD is nice, I need storage not blazing speed.  In other words, I am not clueless, but the rMBP does not meet my needs.

It could, but then you'd complain it starts at $4,000. The chips aren't cheap yet is all.

If Apple wants to keep the non-upgradable slim models, they should sell them as MacBook not MacBook Pro

Nonsense. That's not the defining mark.

What I would love to see is a MBP (w/ or w/o retina) with upgradable RAM and a Fusion Drive (Speed and Storage).  

So you'd love to see exactly what they've sold for the past 20 years?

• Reply 31 of 31

The academic price on the 13" nonRetina Macbook is wrong. It's not $999, it's $1,099.00.