Apple ranked No. 1 'Most Admired' company for the sixth year in a row

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For the sixth consecutive year, Apple has earned the top ranking in Fortune's annual polling of corporate admiration among executives, topping competitors such as Google and Amazon not only in terms of performance, but also innovation.

iMacs
Source: Fortune

The financial magazine published its "Most Admired" list on Thursday, showing Apple edging out second place Google in terms of corporate esteem. Amazon ranks third on the list, and IBM is the only other technology company in the top 10. In taking first place, Apple beat out other non-tech firms such as Coca-Cola, Starbucks, and Warren Buffett-helmed Berkshire Hathaway.

The writeup on Apple for the list notes the company's recent share price troubles but praises its continually solid revenue performance. Apple's products, the piece reads, continue to be seen as prestige devices.

"Competition may be stiff," the writeup notes, "but so far it remains behind."

Apple also tops the list for companies admired for their innovation. That list, too, has a top three consisting of Apple, Google, and Amazon. For innovation, though, Amazon manages to move up to the number two slot. Also on that list is chip manufacturer Qualcomm, whose mobile systems-on-a-chip power many of the devices that are currently reshaping consumer computing.

Fortune creates the list with 1,400 companies plus 400 more from around the world with revenue in excess of $10 billion. Fortune then surveys 3,800 directors and executives, asking them to compile a list of the top 10 in their sectors from a list made up of last year's winners and this year's sector winners.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Seriously reading and watching tech media these days I would have sworn Sammy would have been at the top!
  • Reply 2 of 17
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

One of the least credible professions in the world today is journalism. Any asshat can become one.

There are so many bad reporters and media outlets out there, people spreading lies, misinformation and garbage. 

Just look at what other people have reported about this topic. Every single one of these articles is 100% false and is a pure lie.

APPLE NO LONGER ‘WORLD’S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY’

http://bgr.com/2013/02/26/apple-popularity-decline-forbes-344651/

Apple: Most Admired No More?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2013/02/25/apple-most-admired-no-more/

Apple no longer most admired company, but tops UK brand list

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/apple-no-longer-most-admired-company-but-tops-uk-brand-list-50010524/

• Reply 3 of 17
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    And Samsung? Not even in the top 50!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/156228/apple-ranked-no-1-most-admired-company-for-the-sixth-year-in-a-row#post_2285651"]
    But you are fine reading garbage from "journalists" about people from Palestine.
    As you said they all should be killed.
    F*****g hyprocite.
    Make up your mind.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Those links were written by the same man, Brad Chase, a writer for Forbes. He predicted that Apple would drop from the top spot and other wagging tongues followed suit based on his screed. Today, Fortune released its list and, ta da, Chase and the wagging tongues were WRONG.

Remember though, talking heads and jerk pundits never suffer any consequences when they are wrong. Well, the Macalope over at MacWorld does slit their throats but the their blood is already cold so it doesn't matter. They'll just keep shitting stupidity to get ad clicks on their web sites.

• Reply 6 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

But you are fine reading garbage from "journalists" about people from Palestine.

As you said they all should be killed.

F*****g hyprocite.

Make up your mind.

So what? I don't give a crap about that or those "people".

Why don't you comment on the topic instead of stalking people like a deranged psycho?

• Reply 7 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Those links were written by the same man, Brad Chase, a writer for Forbes. 

You can see his picture on one of the links, he looks like a clueless kid.

And that guy is an adjunct professor at a University? The quality of education in this country has obviously taken a dive in recent years.

Well, he certainly got his ass handed to him, because he was 100% wrong. He probably walks around with one of those huge, ridiculous looking Android phones in his pocket, if it fits in there.

• Reply 8 of 17
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 9 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You can see his picture on one of the links, he looks like a clueless kid.

And that guy is an adjunct professor at a University? The quality of education in this country has obviously taken a dive in recent years.

Well, he certainly got his ass handed to him, because he was 100% wrong. He probably walks around with one of those huge, ridiculous looking Android phones in his pocket, if it fits in there.

I love this quote at the end of the Forbes article:

"Apple has been the “world’s most admired company” for five years running, and there’s a chance Fortune will defy logic and give Apple the crown once more for posterity. If Amazon somehow fails to leapfrog the bumbling Apple and the pugnacious Google this year, it’s clear the algorithm is flawed. One way or another, the drop has begun."

So basically he's saying, If the results don't come out the way I expect and want, it defies logic and there's an algorithm failure.  And, even though Apple is #1 and still is #1, they're bumbling and dropping.

Yep, no bias there!

• Reply 10 of 17
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
  • Reply 11 of 17
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

I love it.  A big middle finger to the tech and financial media.  They all look like a bunch of fools.

• Reply 12 of 17

People ARE idiots, aren't they? I guess getting away with grand theft is "admirable" if you're morally bankrupt. 

• Reply 13 of 17

Sammy is a big copycat like a photo copier with minimal to 0 innovation. Everybody knows that. 

Thats why they are no where. Google atleast steals idea and does some work.

• Reply 14 of 17

Sammy is a big copycat like a photo copier with minimal to 0 innovation. Everybody knows that. 

Thats why they are no where. Google atleast steals idea and does some work.

• Reply 15 of 17
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

People ARE idiots, aren't they? I guess getting away with grand theft is "admirable" if you're morally bankrupt. 

Wait, what? People are idiots for voting for Google, why, they provide great services and are unmatched in their sector. Unless you can honestly say that you don't use Google on a daily basis do to moral grounds and have moved over to Bing which would be like switching from soap to piss to wash your hands then I think you are being a little on the hypocritical side. None of us no exactly what goes on behind the curtain of any of these company's, we are just passing judgment on the negative 1% of the stories that are leaked or found out. I'm sure if you looked in Apples closet you will find all kinds of skeletons especially now that they are on top and have money to burn. Why do people assume Apple is a good moral company, they are in this business to make money, lots of money and we all know what money does. Not saying it will happen but if Apple ever starts to decline and loose real money, we will defiantly see just how vicious a corporation can be, I guarantee first thing that would happen is they will quadruple their lawsuits even if they aren't valid.

What exactly did Google steal, the iOS UI? Putting icons in a grid is nothing new I had a Nokia Communicator and a Windows phone that had that 5 years prior to the release of the iPhone. Granted they weren't as elegant or as mind numbingly simple as the iOS GUI. Apple found a good formula that people liked it so why can't other companies follow suit and share in that success. As long as they offer something different and compelling and is not a direct copy. The first Android release looked nothing like iOS I know because I had one of the first phones with it the current version doesn't either as I have a Nexus 4. You had no part in creating iOS or any other software, hardware from Apple so why would it matter to you what Google did or any other company, why are people so defensive of a company. Especially when they would never come to your defense. Google has every right being in the number 2 position, not everyone has an Apple product but everyone uses Google.

It's great that you like Apple products, I like them to or I wouldn't be on this forum but that should be the end of it, Apple doesn't need you defending them. Sorry this really wasn't meant for you personally, I love reading your posts and find you very intelligent. It's for anyone who goes after other competitors because they aren't Apple. Again we really don't know the whole truth about a lot of these issues, yes it's fun discussing and debating but this silly attitude of putting Apple on a pedestal and protecting them like they are some small ma & pa shop is getting really tiresome, they are one of the richest and most powerful company's in the world.

• Reply 16 of 17
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Unless you can honestly say that you don't use Google on a daily basis do to moral grounds and have moved over to Bing which would be like switching from soap to piss to wash your hands then I think you are being a little on the hypocritical side. 

"I don't use Google on a daily basis due to both moral and ethical contradictions with my beliefs and have moved to DuckDuckGo." Happy?

None of us no exactly what goes on behind the curtain of any of these company's

We know Google takes your personal information without consent and sells it to the highest bidder. We know that we cannot use the Internet without our surfing being tracked by Google, even if anonymously. We know that Google copied Microsoft in copying Apple. We know that Google's CEO relishes the fact that they know everything about their products (and just because some people don't know, their products are us; humans) at all times. 

…we are just passing judgment on the negative 1% of the stories that are leaked or found out.

… Imagine what will happen when we finally hear the other 99% of the negatives.

Why do people assume Apple is a good moral company, they are in this business to make money, lots of money and we all know what money does.

Probably because of their moral and ethical actions regarding lawsuits, customer service, and the data of their customers (and just because some people don't know, their customers are us; humans). 

Not saying it will happen but if Apple ever starts to decline and loose real money, we will defiantly see just how vicious a corporation can be, I guarantee first thing that would happen is they will quadruple their lawsuits even if they aren't valid.

So they'd go from 0 frivolous lawsuits to 0 frivolous lawsuits. And you can't really claim this, since there's no evidence of Apple being this kind of company.

You had no part in creating iOS or any other software, hardware from Apple so why would it matter to you what Google did or any other company, why are people so defensive of a company.

Just jumping all over the place, aren't you? Stick to the actual argument.

I'm not being defensive of Apple here. I'm being critical of Google. We know at least part of what they've done. And it's far from admirable.

…not everyone has an Apple product but everyone uses Google.

Whether they want to or not. Even if they purposely avoid it and actively try to prevent it. They use Google.

And you see zero problem with this. image

…it's fun discussing and debating but this silly attitude of putting Apple on a pedestal and protecting them like they are some small ma & pa shop is getting really tiresome, they are one of the richest and most powerful company's in the world.

Yes! And even with all that power, they don't use misuse it! More than anything, that's why they're admirable.

• Reply 17 of 17
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We know Google takes your personal information without consent and sells it to the highest bidder. 

We know that Google does not sell personal information to anyone.  

In fact, that would undermine the very way they actually do make money, which is by selling anonymous ad placements... the same as Apple does with their iAds.