The Complete and Utter P.R. failure of Apple
As we watch the slow motion death of AAPL stock, you have to wonder about the complete and utter failure of Apple's massive P.R. department. Or is the P.R. department of Apple, in fact, nothing more than a monkey on a tricycle with a pinwheel hat riding in circles? A couple of high school interns?
For being the purported “most trusted company in America” it's utterly shocking to watch as:
1. Apple gets smeared with negative press. Relentlessly. APPLE’s response - (zilch)
2. Competitors steal, copy and outgun Apple at its own game. APPLE’s “public” response -(zilch)
3. False rumors are spread through high level news organizations. APPLE’s response - (zilch)
4. The value of company stock tanks daily - DAILY!... and yet APPLE’s response - (zilch)
5. Consumers voice disgust at lack of innovation. APPLE’s response - (zilch)
6. Institutional investors abandon the company in droves. APPLE’s response - (zilch)
7. Tim Cook opens his mouth and says nothing – NOTHING - but the same stale, robotic lines about great products.
The question is, will Apple, circa 2013, be looked back upon as a the largest public relations failure in history? Studied in marketing textbooks as the biggest blunder of modern industry? Once perched high on the mountain of consumer confidence, will the empire crumble in a matter of months? One has to wonder.
In the meantime some advice for APPLE - Just do nothing. It’s working out great.