Apple's Braeburn Capital leaves Reno office, doesn't update address [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

However, it does raise one point. The name "Braeburn Capital" suggested to me that Apple could start up an Angel and Venture capital investing group. A few billion dollars would be enough to have a huge impact on the future of computing and should generate a nice future revenue stream for Apple. Typically, these high risk investments offer a significant risk of failure, but the payoff is large enough that angel and venture investors make a fortune - and end up with large equity stakes in fast growing companies.

Apple should set aside about $5 B for that type of startup capital ventures.

I would have thought Apple already has a venture capital arm. Did you check to see if they do? It's something both Google and Microsoft have been doing for some time and I'd be surprised if Apple hasn't also. It's almost common sense for big techs.

http://www.crunchbase.com/financial-organization/google-ventures

http://gust.com/venture-fund/microsoft-corporation?conversationId=51409

• Reply 22 of 30
    mfrydmfryd Posts: 216member
    Most states do require shoppers to pay sales tax on purchases from Amazon. The issue is that states don't have the authority to make Amazon handle the collection. Consumers are responsible for remitting the tax in their own. States have little ability to enforce this and most consumers ignore (or are unaware) of the requirement to pay sales tax (sometimes called "use tax")on all internet purchases.

Similarly, a shopper who crosses a state line to buy at a lower tax rate, may need to make up the sales tax difference when they bring the purchase home.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Mulvaney is a great name. Only one listing in the propery reciord search for Theodore Mulvaney. The house is 5200 sqft with 4.25 baths and 4 fireplaces that is just under 11 miles from 730 Sandhill Road. It looks like it was bought in mid-2010 by Ted and his wife for $1.2 million. That's where I'd start.

So you didn't find his Palo Alto home? Jeez what kind of detective are you? image

• Reply 24 of 30
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    "...(named Apple named after a type of apple..."

PROOFREAD!!!!!!
  • Reply 25 of 30
    phone-ui-guyphone-ui-guy Posts: 1,019member
    This isn't news. There was an article not that long back that they were expanding their presence in Nevada and would consolidate the offices to a new location. Seems like the head count was to be 600 when they were done. I think Apple decided to put more people in the state so it didn't look like a complete and total tax scam. Will have to find the article.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Apple got approval to build a data center and get a tax break outside of Reno. I do remember they were to consolidate the the capital folks to that site. The AppleInsider article doesn't mention the relocation of their other employees to the vicinity.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/26/apple_to_invest_1b_in_nevada_data_center_business_facilities

If I find that specific reference, I will list it.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    I'm less concerned with finding out where Braeburn moved to than figuring out who managed to move Cupertino four hours "east" of San Francisco . . . I'm sure there's a mapping error joke in there somewhere, but I think I'll pass.
  • Reply 28 of 30

A quick bloomberg search reveals they are located at:

6900 South McCarran Blvd

Suite 3020

Reno NV 89509

It seems they have added some staff, so they probably just moved to accommodate more bodies.

• Reply 29 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by missouricatman View Post

I'm less concerned with finding out where Braeburn moved to than figuring out who managed to move Cupertino four hours "east" of San Francisco . . . I'm sure there's a mapping error joke in there somewhere, but I think I'll pass.

It poorly says Reno is 4 hours east of San Francisco and that it is the closest significant city in Nevada. Piss poor wording is somewhat par for the Appleinsider course these days.

• Reply 30 of 30
    They've moved to Lakeside & McCarran. There is a sign in front of the building (it's small). http://blogs.rgj.com/renorebirth/2013/03/08/apple-reno-office-still-here/