Apple squashes fan control, framerate & Power Nap bugs in 15" Retina MacBook Pro update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokrad View Post

Well it seemed to fix and enhance the Mac OS X side of things, but bootcamp performance has not really improved to how it was before the EFI 1.0 update. Still getting very low frame rates as something is throttling my CPU still.

What helped me (as I just mentioned) was making sure that I never had Windows running on my rMBP without having the power supply connected.  Reset the SMC and then try this, and I'm betting it'll work.  I use my rMBP to run Steam games in Windows regularly.

• Reply 22 of 24
    rokradrokrad Posts: 143member

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post

What helped me (as I just mentioned) was making sure that I never had Windows running on my rMBP without having the power supply connected.  Reset the SMC and then try this, and I'm betting it'll work.  I use my rMBP to run Steam games in Windows regularly.

Nope, sadly I'm one of the group of people where the SMC reset has absolutely no effect. Also always have my power supply connected at all times when in Windows. I'm jealous of you rMBP owners who have no problem in bootcamp.

• Reply 23 of 24

I have a rMBP with 10.8.3 Mountain Lion, when I tried to install the update it said that the software isn't supported by my system. A little help?

• Reply 24 of 24

Before the update, one of my friends fans was uncontrollable. Even when he was browsing the web it would sound like he was rendering a full HD film.