Samsung's new CEO reveals 'lackluster demand' for Windows products

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    relic wrote: »
    Wait what, are you making excuses as to why Apple doesn't use them. Those two things are the main reasons why I bought a Windows 8 tablet, well and the fact that I can run the entire Windows software library. Apple doesn't include those features as well as providing very limited multimedia codec support to force users in purchasing their media from iTunes.

So you can use your Windows library on an RT? Strange as I thought the Pro was intel based. I buy my music from AMZ.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    relic wrote: »
    Wait what, are you making excuses as to why Apple doesn't use them. Those two things are the main reasons why I bought a Windows 8 tablet, well and the fact that I can run the entire Windows software library. Apple doesn't include those features as well as providing very limited multimedia codec support to force users in purchasing their media from iTunes.
    I don't understand your statement "Apple doesn't include those features".
    Are you stating that Apple Mac cannot run windows software library? Yes it can via boot camp or say Parallels.
    Or are you stating that Apple's iPad cannot run those? If the later then you are right, the iPad cannot run windows software. It runs on iOS. I don't understand your random comments.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Those two things are the main reasons why I bought a Windows 8 tablet..

LOL!

So you were the one...

• Reply 44 of 45

it's too bad that Windows has one of the nicest pieces of kit on the market- that Nokia Lumia 920 is probably the only phone I'd consider outside of an iPhone, even with Windows Phone. it's got a gorgeous hand feel. The thing it most reminds me of is the original iPod nano, one of my favorite devices ever.

That said, Windows 8 is a serious cramp. I use it on two computers and it's fine if you're willing to work in its hiccups. For my customers, whom I sell to daily, it's a lot to swallow. It's hard to organize, hard to read, hard to use, and honestly, it's flat and ugly. Combine that with uninspired Windows laptops and some of the worst boxes ever (check out the HP p2 desktop - it actually has a laptop power supply and board instead of real power - I must get 30% of them back on return) and it's getting pretty hard to nod at my friends who say that they just want a cheap box that they can go to Best Buy or Office Depot and get a 500$ system, and you can make it good.

• Reply 45 of 45
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member

I had my first look at a Windows Phone recently. This was Nokia's flagship model. First experience, the interface is poor. Scrolling stuttered slightly. The Tiles also have a major 'user experience' design flaw: because the Tiles cover the entire screen, the phone had trouble separating 'scroll' and 'select' touches. While swiping up/down, almost half of the time the phone opted to open the app of the Tile where the swipe started/ended. I had to be very careful to prevent that form happening. On iOS and Android (I gather) you can make it more certain by swiping between the icons, something Metro does not allow. So, looks nice, those Tiles, but not very use friendly. Just form, not function.

If the product acts like this, I can image people not falling in love with it.