Market shares collapse with 'brutal speed' in cyclical smartphone industry

124»

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 66
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    mstone wrote: »
    Because they are two different charts. The first one is for USA only. The second is worldwide. (see post #48)

    So you went from no mention at all of it being worldwide, to thinking it's worldwide, to being sure that it's worldwide all in the course of a couple of hours. Amazing.

    Wouldn't it be better to provide the source of the charts when you first post them and the details so people know what's going on rather than waiting for you to make up the background info?
  • Reply 62 of 66
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    kdarling wrote: »
    Reportedly Apple shares App Store revenues with some carriers. No idea how much.

    Evidence?
  • Reply 63 of 66
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,709member
    kdarling wrote: »
    Reportedly Apple shares App Store revenues with some carriers. No idea how much.

    Nope. Apple has control. When some carriers lose subscribers they blame a lack of iPhone.

    Many people download apps via wifi too.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 20,929member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post





    Evidence?


    I do remember a report or two sometime back that the reason China Mobile has so far refused the iPhone was because they insist on Apple sharing app revenue with them and Apple so far declining..

  • Reply 65 of 66
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member
    jragosta wrote: »
    Never? Blackberry has been around a lot longer than either Android or the iPhone, so your statement is clearly wrong.

    Even ignoring that, the charts above show that BB had a very significant market share at one point. The Gartner data puts it at around 40% and the other charts show 15-50% (not sure why the discrepancy). In any event, at one time, Blackberry WAS a major player in the smartphone market.

    Before you call him clearly wrong, you need to learn basic math. There are hundreds of millions of Androids out there. Are u saying most of them used to be BB users?

    You cannot compare percentages when talking about dramatically different market sizes - basic math. He's not clearly wrong. You are.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Before you call him clearly wrong, you need to learn basic math. There are hundreds of millions of Androids out there. Are u saying most of them used to be BB users?

    You cannot compare percentages when talking about dramatically different market sizes - basic math. He's not clearly wrong. You are.

    Maybe you need to learn the definition of 'wrong'.

    He said that Blackberry never had more users than iPhone or Android. Very clearly it did at one time. Look at the charts that lead this story. Up until about the 2nd half of 2010, Blackberry had greater share than either Android or iOS.

    Even if you want to talk about "what he meant" rather than "what he said", up until 2011, a large number of iPhone and Android users were clearly former Blackberry users.

    While you're looking up 'wrong', please look up 'straw man' - which is the argument you are making. I never claimed that MOST Android or iOS users were former BB users. That's something you just made up.
Sign In or Register to comment.