Developers prefer Apple's iOS Maps SDK over Google Maps

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Thank you. AI should do a more complete work.

Btw, I'm using Apple Map every day and find no problem. Can't wait for Map on OSX.

I guess it's no surprise, considering the author who has "A decade of experience in technical consulting or employment in information technology, recognized by the University of California to be equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Computer Science."

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/resume.html

Mmm...

I have 5+ decades in technical consulting and information technology (1956-present) -- What's my equivalent UC degree?

'Course back then we didn't have IT  (it was called DP  for Data Processing) nor Computer Science (it didn't exist *)... but we muddled through...

That said, while technical qualifications help -- they are no substitute for objectivity and journalistic integrity! 

* My initial training was a night class at Pasadena City College taught by the DP director Howard Laddish -- who spent days discussing the 80 "col-yum"  punched card. Here's the predominate DP machine of that era: The IBM 402 Accounting Machine and Summary Punch.

• Reply 42 of 50
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    That said, while technical qualifications help -- they are no substitute for objectivity and journalistic integrity! 

There's simply no substitute to your experienced and informative posts here at AI. For that, I thank you.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

'Course back then we didn't have IT  (it was called DP  for Data Processing) nor Computer Science (it didn't exist *)... but we muddled through...

Funny thing is there is no such school as the University of California. That is just the governmental administration. All undergraduate and graduate degree programs are awarded by one of the 10 UC schools such as UCI or UCLA, etc. Furthermore, and especially on a resume, in the UC System, one does not refer to a degree as a Master's or a Bachelor's and certainly not with an apostrophe. It would be a Master of Science in Computer Science or M.S. in Computer Science.

• Reply 44 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Funny thing is there is no such school as the University of California. That is just the governmental administration. All undergraduate and graduate degree programs are awarded by one of the 10 UC schools such as UCI or UCLA, etc. Furthermore, and especially on a resume, in the UC System, one does not refer to a degree as a Master's or a Bachelor's and certainly not with an apostrophe. It would be a Master of Science in Computer Science or M.S. in Computer Science.

One could even say that the [resume] Author's work was Poorly Researched and Roughly Drafted!   

BTW, I'd pick UC Davis.... Paarrrrttttyyyy!

Second coice would be University of Custer, South Dakota -- responsible for the famous UCSD Pee System!

• Reply 45 of 50
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member

Just off the top of my head:

faster loading,

better caching,

fly by,

better looking and more usable maps,

better approach to turn by turn directions,

basically nearly everything about the the UX and usability.

Almost every valid complaint about iMaps has to do with detail and maturity, not function and underlying structure. The thing is, iMap's deficits are are rapidly disappearing, but by comparison, underlying structural, function and usability deficits . . .  are forever. Apple tends to get structure right early on whereas google tends to never break away from their many underlying structural problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Ok. Which significant ways?

• Reply 46 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Reading behind your Mac; I don't think that'll fly. On an iOS device, yes. But American's don't read anymore, didntcha know ¿

Steve would say anything to make a convenient point.

He must not have had any nephews or nieces around to remind him how wrong he is. He should have consulted J. K. Rowling on this.

• Reply 47 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

"...sent me her current location..."

Well his profile says:

It's is interesting, even if there are plausible explanations.

• Reply 48 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

It's is interesting, even if there are plausible explanations.

Here's one: that's not live. image I don't know that people change it very often, either.

And it certainly doesn't have to be right (though if you're a spambot and you say you're in Arizona but your IP reports Philippines, you're gone). I'd love to live at the spaceport at GEO, but that's just not happening.

• Reply 49 of 50
    yaliyali Posts: 12member

Some the the claims are not true here. Google's SDK can also do it. Check out the app named PaperMap with Markers. It allows users to do drawings of various colors, width and transparencies and place and move POIs on google map. it also rotates as the direction changes when GPS navigation starts. it was first released in 2009. One of the powerful GPS maps available in app store.

• Reply 50 of 50
    yaliyali Posts: 12member

Here is a screen shot of the PaperMap app: