Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Comments

• Reply 261 of 344
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Love the people bitching about how this piece is so "biased". Did you miss the fucking blue OPINION bubble before the article heading.

Opinions can be biased and plain wrong.

"it is my opinion that the UFO I saw was an alien spacecraft." And then the faker comes out of the closet to say how they did it. But nothing is said of the opinion guy because it was his opinion? Surely people would laugh at him, right?

Opinions can be criticised, examined, mocked, correct and incorrect. This is the real world.

• Reply 262 of 344
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View PostThe FACTS could be plastered right in front of the readers, but the Android queens will argue they're not REAL facts. 

Bravo for being techologically illiterate on top of being homophobic.

• Reply 263 of 344
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

Lol, cheaper? Let me guess, you're gonna use the BMW vs. Ford analogy? image

You don't gotta get mad TS, I'm just saying what is on everyone's mind even if they don't want to admit it. Apple is NOT SPECIAL. Their 5 minutes of fame (or 5 years really) is over, and now you guys are mad because Google is getting their time in the spotlight. Let's just call it what it is...

How about the RRP of the iPhone 5 16GB vs the RRP of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, I get $A799 vs $A849.

Google has been "in the spotlight" since not long after they came out of Stanford and became a household word and the generic term for Internet search.

/yawn , can't you come up with anything better, it's as if you are looking through a $1400 webcam strapped to the side of your face.

• Reply 264 of 344
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It was a cult with a charismatic leader. Duh.

Schmidt? Page? Brin?

Although that's a triumvirate with all the charisma of a dead fish.

• Reply 265 of 344
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Lol, cheaper? Let me guess, you're gonna use the BMW vs. Ford analogy?

I'm going to use MSRP. Now be quiet, since you have no truth on your mind.

I'm just saying what is on everyone's mind even if they don't want to admit it. Their 5 minutes of fame (or 5 years really) is over… Let's just call it what it is…

Okay, you're a troll who, as of late, refuses to say anything positive whatsoever about Apple. You have no reason—and therefore no right—to be here at all, and you pretend not to notice this fact while continuing to spew your endless FUD.

• Reply 266 of 344
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    I think we all should give Daniel a big shout-out for his very successful effort to stir the pot and attract a fresh new batch of Android and/or MS fans to AI, members some here playfully call "trolls". It was getting a bit quiet lately. 6 pages on a weekend is damn impressive. Perhaps some of our new members can stick around awhile.
  • Reply 267 of 344
    hill60 wrote: »
    How about the RRP of the iPhone 5 16GB vs the RRP of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, I get $A799 vs $A849.

Google has been "in the spotlight" since not long after they came out of Stanford and became a household word and the generic term for Internet search.

/yawn , can't you come up with anything better, it's as if you are looking through a $1400 webcam strapped to the side of your face.

Nice, RRP, now why don't you put up ACTUAL sales price, and it's more like iPhone 5 $699-$749 and Note 2 $599-$649. Grasping at straws here...

$1,400 webcam? :no:
  • Reply 268 of 344
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Notice how he frames the question so specifically that even if you were inclined to waste your time going through the garbage heap of his post history, you have to find products that he said are "wholly" inferior. So, even if he trashed a product, if he didn't actually way it was "wholly inferior" it doesn't qualify. And of cf course, people, services, etc. don't qualify either, it has to be a product.

Let's make it more useful in determining he's a troll. (Hint: he is) Find two examples, not in this thread, where he behaved in a troll-like manor.

He's been banned a number of time for trolling. Maybe at one point the moderator who banned him deleted his history, intending to ban him permanently.

BTW, it appears that the 'z' trolls are getting a little more discreet in their choice of names. Now along with MacRulez, who's stayed here after most of the other 'z' trolls left, we now have mrrodrigue[SIZE=22px]z[/SIZE]. Could be just a coincidence, but considering the spate of them we had at one time, perhaps not.

lol, that's how you spell Rodriguez, with a Z. You know like A-Rod...
  • Reply 269 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You mean except for today... 90% of your total post count is in this thread.

We'll all be relieved when you return to your once yearly post frequency.

What you mean is that most people will be.  The reality is that most people on here are narrow minded in their blinkered love for all things Apple to the point where they cannot possibly see anything at all wrong (or that could be improved) with anything that they do.  I unfortunately only like about 90% of their stuff so it would appear that I don't fit in at all.  Well I really can't be bothered arguing with people who think of Apple as a religion then call people names because they dare to have thoughts that are slightly different from the pack.  I'll leave you all to it and speak to some grown ups on another forum instead.

• Reply 270 of 344
    I'm going to use MSRP. Now be quiet, since you have no truth on your mind.

Okay, you're a troll who, as of late, refuses to say anything positive whatsoever about Apple. You have no reason—and therefore no right—to be here at all, and you pretend not to notice this fact while continuing to spew your endless FUD.

The man behind the writing of this article had an opinion. I refuted his opinion with my opinion. His opinion had flaws, and I corrected them. Now if my opinions have flaws that you want to correct, feel free to correct them. Except you have no real opinions, you only have talking points. You just go with the flow of Apple, even though it's obviously a sinking ship that everyone outside of the Apple bubble can see.

And the only device that has a higher MSRP than the iPhone 5 is the Galaxy Note 2. Given that we're talking about Google, not Samsung, we'd be comparing Google's to Apple's, so it's the Nexus 4 (MSRP $349) vs iPhone 5 ($649). iPhone 5 commands a $300 premium, therefore quality needs to be at least almost double what the Nexus 4 offers, or else it will catch some flak. Same thing with iPhone 5S. It better have an 8K video recorder or something.
  • Reply 271 of 344

228 posts!!

Must be a damn slow weekend.

• Reply 272 of 344
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

The man behind the writing of this article had an opinion. I refuted his opinion with my opinion.

You can't refute an opinion with an opinion. You refute with fact; that's in the definition of the word. 

Except you have no real opinions, you only have talking points. You just go with the flow of Apple, even though it's obviously a sinking ship that everyone outside of the Apple bubble can see.

That's one.

And the only device that has a higher MSRP than the iPhone 5 is the Galaxy Note 2. 

Ah, I was speaking of Apple overall, not just their phones.

…iPhone 5 commands a $300 premium, therefore quality needs to be at least almost double what the Nexus 4 offers…

By your magical, mystical, and wholly arbitrary definition of what you think you're talking about, sure.

It better have an 8K video recorder or something.

Or you'll what, buy something else? Please do and rid us of your false concern FUD.

• Reply 273 of 344
    macartmacart Posts: 78member
    The term TROLL has become a self fulfilling prophecy on this forum. AppleInsider posts these types of threads on the main page for no other reason than to create conflict. If you look at the threads on this forum if you have the word Google, Samsung or Microsoft in the title it will almost always get hundreds of posts that have next to no value.

I have been a member of dozens of forums and this forum uses the word Troll more than all other forums I have been on combined. When you post an opinion thread on the forum and just simply start calling people trolls because they may have something to say against Apple or in favor of any of the above is beyond ridiculous.

Might as well make this a private forum with 10-15 members so everyone can sit around and agree with each other. Reading six pages of this thread if it wasn't so sad and pathetic it would actually be funny. Add a Global Moderator that clearly lives on the forum and adds to conflict well that is just the cherry on top.
    I think most of us are here because we LOVE Apple products and were eagerly awaiting news of APPLE'S "NEXT BEST THING!"

For true long time Apple fans who were fighting for this platform before the "Intel" years, it's very personal!!!

One thing is for certain Apple maps has been a Troll topic for months and when you throw this into an argument you expose yourself for the snipers! There are plenty of people who had no issues with it & could find where their wife was born if desperately needed!

What was the name of that city that couldnt be found COWASAKI? You conveniently failed to mention it!
  • Reply 274 of 344
    You can't refute an opinion with an opinion. You refute with fact; that's in the definition of the word. 

That's one.

Ah, I was speaking of Apple overall, not just their phones.

By your magical, mystical, and wholly arbitrary definition of what you think you're talking about, sure.

Or you'll what, buy something else? Please do and rid us of your false concern FUD.

:no:

You know, back when Apple was struggling, nobody talked about sales. They only talked about content, they only talked about the user experience, and that they bought Apple products because it was better. It was better, Apple products Were better.

But now that there's real competition in design, user experience, and content, the talking points switch to "Sales" and "Successful", and we completely forget that Windows was "successful" throughout all of the 90's, and mid 2000's, yet it was still trash. And it wasn't trash because it was unusable, but because it didn't evolve. Since Windows 95, Windows stayed relatively the same, with no major changes, and the only reason was because there was no real competition.

Now Windows continues to decline (it's still on top PC wise, but it's largely irrelevant in terms of growth, much like Blackberry was/is) and all because they were the dominant OS, and they didn't feel they needed to change too much of their OS.Apple is following this trend.

You can call me a troll, you can say I'm spreading FUD, whatever. Apple doesn't have the pull it used to, it can't continue it's status quo unless it's making efforts to reinvent technology and the internet. They have the capabilities, the money, the talent, and the manufacturing chain. They are sitting on a gold mine in terms of technological resources, and yet they squander that by playing it safe. They could launch their own wireless network, and start making their phones only on their network. They can create a global walled garden that has bigger boundaries, but it's still safe to be inside. They could have all their products be part of the wireless network, and they could make a car that has built in siri, maps navigation, always internet connected, where they can update the car's.. carOS, and every year the owners get a new upgraded functionality.

Apple can do SO many things, but it's sitting back and waiting, and that's why there is no "flawgic", there's only risk taking and wimp CEO's that are scared to take risks.

Elon Musk should be Apple CEO, merge the Tesla car with Apple. Then true progress will happen inside Apple.
  • Reply 275 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

BTW, it appears that the 'z' trolls are getting a little more discreet in their choice of names. Now along with MacRulez, who's stayed here after most of the other 'z' trolls left, we now have mrrodriguez. Could be just a coincidence, but considering the spate of them we had at one time, perhaps not.

You mean Zither Zather Zuzz was a troll? image

• Reply 276 of 344
    sol77sol77 Posts: 203member

About a paragraph in I realized the author wanted me to pretend I hadn't been reading anything about Apple and Google for the last FIVE YEARS.  Apparently we're doing pep rallies now.  Yay.  Go Apple.  Google SUX.  Yay.  ....Ugh....

• Reply 277 of 344
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    hill60 wrote: »
    So where did the "Koolaid" references which have been bandied about about Apple fans for the last couple of decades come from?

Get out, you don't know about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
  • Reply 278 of 344

Quote:

Elon Musk should be Apple CEO, merge the Tesla car with Apple. Then true progress will happen inside Apple.

If by "true progress" you mean Apple is the first company to build a retail store on Mars. Because that's what Elon Musk is all about, baby.

• Reply 279 of 344
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    You know, back when Apple was struggling, nobody talked about sales. They only talked about content, they only talked about the user experience, and that they bought Apple products because it was better. It was better, Apple products Were better.

That's bullshit. We talked about sales which is why we knew Apple was struggling. We also talked about user experience which was an issue before the redesign of the Mac and Mac OS.
    They could launch their own wireless network, and start making their phones only on their network.

So glad that you aren't employed by Apple. Nothing says turning success into failure faster than asinine suggestions like making iPhones only work on a proprietary Apple mobile network.
  • Reply 280 of 344
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Quote:

Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Might as well make this a private forum with 10-15 members so everyone can sit around and agree with each other. Reading six pages of this thread if it wasn't so sad and pathetic it would actually be funny. Add a Global Moderator that clearly lives on the forum and adds to conflict well that is just the cherry on top.

For all intents and purposes some people here already view it as "their" forum. That is why there is so much vitriol over very innocuous and legitimate opinions if they differ from that core inner circle who seem to live here. Veer from their narrowly defined viewpoints and they surround you like a pack of hyenas. Sure there are also trolls on both sides that should be ignored as well, but very sincere opinions and questions that fail to conform to their views are immediately attacked instead of debated on the merits.  At least to my eyes they seem to rank themselves by post count and anyone with less than 1,000 posts is immediately treated with suspicion as an uitlander as in children of the corn. The messenger is far more often attacked than the message. Sarcasm, ridicule, and hostility after all takes far less brain power than honest and polite debate. If Barry Goldwater or even Ronald Reagan were alive today and walked into a tea party convention I imagine they would be just as amazed that those people considered themselves republicans. That is the way AI makes true Apple fans feel at times even though some of us having been members here and used Apple products far longer than most of these catty fanatics. 

Interesting screen shot from just the last 7 days of post count