Apple brings free next-day shipping for all iPhone models in US

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple on Monday launched a promotion aimed at sweetening the deal for purchasing a new iPhone: free next day shipping on all iPhone models.

next day yeah

iPhone shoppers visiting the purchase page for Apple's bestselling handset will find that all iPhone models are available for free next day delivery. The next day offer may be a limited time promotion, though Apple already offers free shipping across its online store for orders in excess of $50.

The next day option is limited to two iPhones per customer.

Apple has in the past rolled out free next day delivery, though the company typically does so in the run-up to the holidays.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,388member

Clearly a sign of Apple's desperation, a move intended to to slow the company's continued downward spiral into irrelevance. 

/s

• Reply 2 of 17
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    With the vast amount of B&M stores in the US I'd think that people would buy them there sooner than ordering online. Is that a misconception on my part? I ask because I ordered online since we only have 1 store in The Netherlands. Though, two more are scheduled to open later this year.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

With the vast amount of B&M stores in the US I'd think that people would buy them there sooner than ordering online. Is that a misconception on my part? I ask because I ordered online since we only have 1 store in The Netherlands. Though, two more are scheduled to open later this year.

The US is a pretty big place, and even though many people do have Apple stores near by (there's a whole bunch of them close to where I am), not everybody does, and I would presume that there are some people who do live in locations where the nearest Apple store is far away.

• Reply 4 of 17

Seems like they are going to try to clear a bit of room for the new stuff coming in shortly.  

• Reply 5 of 17
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    And why do i detect that u are so eager for that to be reality?
    Any reason? Apple has brought missfortune in your life?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Clearly a sign of Apple's desperation, a move intended to to slow the company's continued downward spiral into irrelevance. 

/s

Any reason? Apple has brought missfortune in your life?
  • Reply 7 of 17
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

Because you can't read sarcasm tags.

• Reply 8 of 17
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,481member
    I missed it as well.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    philboogie wrote: »

I avoid stores and sales people if reasonably possible although Apple's crew aren't the normal pushy up-sale type. I have no sense if I'm the norm in this.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    genovelle wrote: »
    I missed it as well.

It's easy to tell (even without the superfluous tag). If it is a proclamation of doom in the article, it is not sarcasm. If it is in the comments, it is sarcasm unless it has 200 or more words of confusing explanation.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

I avoid stores and sales people if reasonably possible although Apple's crew aren't the normal pushy up-sale type. I have no sense if I'm the norm in this.

I don't like or need sales people either, but the last time I was in an Apple store to buy something, I didn't even have to speak to a sales person. I just got in the line for the checkout, told the cashier what I wanted, then paid for it. I was in and out of the Apple store in about three minutes tops.

• Reply 12 of 17
    cityguidecityguide Posts: 129member
    I now do online ordering and in-store pickup. Everything is bagged for me and waiting for just my signature. I call that concierge shopping.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I don't like or need sales people either, but the last time I was in an Apple store to buy something, I didn't even have to speak to a sales person. I just got in the line for the checkout, told the cashier what I wanted, then paid for it. I was in and out of the Apple store in about three minutes tops.

I dig the Apple Store App that lets me check out all by my lonesome. I do wish they'd enable me to have multiple items in a cart and check out with one transaction instead of scan, pay, repeat.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    customtbcustomtb Posts: 346member
    I have an Apple Store 10 minutes away. Add another 5 to park. 5 to get inside. 10-15 to get help and check out. Return home and I've burned an hour. I usually order online unless I trash something I have to replace immediately.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Trying for a little extra "padding" with 5 days left on the financial quarter. (Probably too little too late)

• Reply 16 of 17
    isaidso wrote: »
    Trying for a little extra "padding" with 5 days left on the financial quarter. (Probably too little too late)

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

/s