Citrix details Apple's iOS, iWork lead in enterprise adoption

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

The problem with the idea of making iWork as bulky as MS Office is that some of the features need to be adapted to work easily in a touch interface. Office grew up in the mouse/keyboard UI and is well implemented in that modality. You can see how much a problem Microsoft had in optimizing Office for the Surface RT touch interface. Some functions couldn't be made to work and may never work well in a touch interface.

There is no reason that iWorks on the Mac couldn't be further bulked up to carry more of the features of Office, at least more of those desired by enterprise and education. Then, like in the Pages landscape work-around, sent to the iPad as a template where editing or further creating can be done. 

• Reply 22 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

That's useful to point out. Although, come now, nobody using BB10 yet (these figures are from the end of 2012, and WP8 is selling in quantities of 100,000 in a couple of these "leading countries." There is no hint that there is some hidden group of BB/WP8 selling well in the enterprise.  

Perhaps we are seeing some results of blowback against Microsoft for all those years of over-milking their corporate cows. I've read a number of reports of large companies moving away from Microsoft hardware and software to other systems and solutions. As for BB, they need to reprove themselves as having the strength to continue to exist.

• Reply 23 of 24
    ptramptram Posts: 58member
    I love the concept of EMEA for statistical researches. Everybody knows that Germany and Kenya are similar economies, and can be included in the same group.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

Well, setting some facts straight is not really "pissing". Considering that pretty much every Fortune 500 company has BES deployed, it is a simple fact that a provider specific statistic does not properly reflect the entire market... Nobody would e.g. try to determine Android's market share by doing spot checks in an Apple Store.

I work for a Fortune 500. BES was retired January of this year and replaced with Good and Airwatch.

And I am not surprised Office is in decline. You pay massive licensing fees for software that most employees dont even use, and of those that do use it, they only tap into 5% of the features at best.

I'm been a dedicated user of Google Drive and iWork since 2012. At no moment have I missed or needed Office. More people are waking up and discovering the same. This is extending to desktop and laptop operating systems where iPads, Chromebooks and android devices are creeping in an devouring market share.

Once people realized they didn't need one Microsoft product, it had a domino effect