Petition about the trolls on AI

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 37
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,461member


    One think I would really like to see addressed that I've seen recently on here is one member creating thread, specifically naming other members and then declaring that since they disagree with his position, all their posts must go into a thread he created.


     


    Example:


     


    Thread titled something like "Apple fighting back against DOJ regarding e-book sales."


     


    I take a position. Some other posters might take a different position. That is all good and well.


     


    However the poster in question then takes an action like this.


     


    All of you who disagree with me are trolls, ignorant and are off topic. Here's your new thread where your crap goes.


     


    He will then create a thread, naming fellow forum members by name and claiming they can only post their viewpoint there.


     


    Example:


     


    Tail Gate's thread for people too stupid to stay on topic or realize Apple is wrong.


     


    This to me is straight up trolling. It is calling out members by name and calling them names. It is destroying attempts to have discussion. It should be stopped as it is pure trolling.

  • Reply 22 of 37

    If the management of the site consists of fanboys, you will see no action on your petition.

  • Reply 23 of 37

    Tallest Skil engages in ad hominem attacks that any 7 year old could think of. Most likely he is a little kid. Based on the sheer number of attacks I'd say this is all he does after school.

  • Reply 24 of 37

    Yes, trolling isn't necessary.

  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    Well, we'd need to define 'trolling'—how it appears, its context, etc.—to be able to do much about it.


     

    The solution is to view every single one of your posts.

  • Reply 26 of 37

    I agree! Ban all non-Apple users! If we can be more like the Branch Davidians it would be MUCH better around here... or maybe even the Amish/Mennonites!! Keep all outsiders OUT and the insiders in!! When someone leaves the fold, we need to SHUN them so they will see the error of their ways and come back home again!

  • Reply 27 of 37
    Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

    I agree! Ban all non-Apple users!

     

    Shut up. You know that’s not what this is about.

  • Reply 28 of 37
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    We ban proxy IPs on principle. Not gonna work.


     

    Yes, except you have NO idea how proxies work do you? What about Tor? Probably CLUELESS about that as well...

  • Reply 29 of 37
    Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

    Yes, except you have NO idea how proxies work do you?


     

    Uh… yeah. I do. If an IP reports itself as being a proxy, it is banned. Then when someone tries to use it in the future, it’s, you know, banned.

     

    What about Tor?


     

    What about it? What’s your point except I said something you didn’t like in some other thread and now you’re all uppity about it?

  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    Uh… yeah. I do. If an IP reports itself as being a proxy, it is banned......


     

    Problem is with your "theory" is that ANYONE with an internet connection an run a proxy server from their own internet connection. What you are suggesting is technically IMPOSSIBLE.

  • Reply 31 of 37
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    What about it? 


     

    What about Tor? Glad you asked.... I can install the Tor browser on my machine and keep hitting your website ALL DAY LONG, and as long as I don't let you install a cookie on my machine you CAN NOT stop me from doing it.

  • Reply 32 of 37
    Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

    What about Tor? Glad you asked.... I can install the Tor browser on my machine and keep hitting your website ALL DAY LONG, and as long as I don't let you install a cookie on my machine you CAN NOT stop me from doing it.


     

    Enjoy such a pathetic life as this.

  • Reply 33 of 37
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    Enjoy such a pathetic life as this.


     

    I figured someone as technologically inept as yourself would say as much. Congratulations for allowing me to correctly come to a conclusion.

  • Reply 34 of 37
    Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

    I figured someone as technologically inept as yourself would say as much. Congratulations for allowing me to correctly come to a conclusion.


     

    No, really, if you’re pathetic enough to not be able to take a hint, more power to you, I guess. I actually assumed your first attack on the idea would have been calling out the idea of being able to manually ban every single IP that reports itself as a proxy, but you seem to have ignored that. 

  • Reply 35 of 37
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    No, really, if you’re pathetic enough to not be able to take a hint, more power to you, I guess. I actually assumed your first attack on the idea would have been calling out the idea of being able to manually ban every single IP that reports itself as a proxy, but you seem to have ignored that. 


     

    So you suppose if I setup a proxy at home and go to work and use my home internet connection proxy large red flags will magically appear at AI saying "WARNING THIS GUY IS USING A PROXY!!"?? <img class=" src="http://forums-files.appleinsider.com/images/smilies//lol.gif" />

  • Reply 36 of 37
    Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

    So you suppose if I setup a proxy at home and go to work and use my home internet connection proxy large red flags will magically appear at AI saying "WARNING THIS GUY IS USING A PROXY!!"?? <img class=" src="http://forums-files.appleinsider.com/images/smilies//lol.gif" />


     

    That’s the opposite of what the post you quoted says, so I’m confused why you’d waste time posting it. You don’t seem to understand what’s being said to you, so I don’t believe I’ll waste any further time replying.

  • Reply 37 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    That’s the opposite of what the post you quoted says, so I’m confused why you’d waste time posting it. You don’t seem to understand what’s being said to you, so I don’t believe I’ll waste any further time replying.


     

    Sorry, but there is NO contradiction in my posts. Reading comprehension(you also need to watch for punctuation) can be your friend if you'd just embrace it.

Sign In or Register to comment.