iTunes accounts with credit cards a 'tremendous asset' for potential Apple e-wallet

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I would agree with Passbook being a lot like Android's (and other OSes) development platform. They built something that doesn't appear to be completely thought out and now they expect 3rd-parties to figure out how it can be useful. Apple didn't do that with Xcode for iOS or the App Store which is why I think Apple's 3rd-party app platform is so successful.

Mostly true. And they did it in a remarkably short time, if the story that they only decided to embrace 3rd party apps after Jan 2007 is true. There are aspects of Xcode which could use more Apple support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I have noticed that since Starbucks first created their Passbook pass that the time it takes to update your account balance has jumped from up to an hour to nearly instantly. I'm not sure if that's an Apple change or a Starbucks change but I'd wager it's the former.

I have noticed the same as well! And this is true too of boarding passes. They show up within a minute of checking it online. I believe this only started become nearly instant within the last 6 months. This *coincidence* suggests you are right - Apple did something at their back end to speed up transactions. 

• Reply 42 of 43
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Who, here, will argue that Apple couldn't do a better job of promoting Passbook?

It sounds like some are arguing that Apple should't do it. I fail to comprehend that. But there are many world class riddles in the thinking of members herein.

• Reply 43 of 43
    starbird73starbird73 Posts: 538member
    I'm curios to know how you've added your dental and health cards to Passbook?  This type of use would seem very handy.

mstone wrote: »
    I'm curious how you can use it conveniently though. At my health care they swipe the card so if the card has to be manually typed in by the desk personnel how is that more efficient? You hold up the line of patients for the sake of lightening your wallet by a couple grams. Same thing for drivers license and auto insurance card. If you get pulled over you are just going to anger the cop not having the real license... and you know it is not so smart to anger a cop who has pulled you over.

Where it is not backed by my insurance company officiall, it acts more as a backup. If I forget it. But it is there, and have had a doctor take information from it. It is not as convenient as it could be.