Ron Johnson could return to run Apple Retail

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    apophisapophis Posts: 36member
    One thing I noticed was that under Browitt, the huge SF store took out the nice theater section and replaced it with a tables for learning areas. Two smaller video screens replaced the theater sized screen. I also noticed the sloppy paint job on the wall surrounding the screens. I was pretty shocked that this passed muster for an Apple store. After Browitt exited, I revisited this area and found it was fixed.
  • Reply 82 of 92
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

But CNBC's assertion that 'anybody could sell Apple products as they basically sell themselves' certainly flies in the eye of what all those same experts said when the Apple Stores were launched doesn't it?

They've no clue what they are talking about.

• Reply 83 of 92
    Jobs wasn't "successful" with Pixar. He funded Pixar. Ed Catmull was the man behind Pixar, as was John Lasseter.

That is not entirely precise. Jobs not only funded Pixar, he was instrumental to the deals with Disney and other nuisances so that Pixar could become what it is today.

Read Isaacson's Bio and the the movie Pixar, the documentary.
  • Reply 84 of 92

It is in trouble. Long term dedicated employees are running to the door because they feel demeaned and just another body to step over on the way to another dollar.

• Reply 85 of 92

All Tim Cook sees is process. He's a numbers guy and that's who is running retail now. The Apple Experience is gone.

• Reply 86 of 92

Morale IS that low.

• Reply 87 of 92
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    l
    It is in trouble. Long term dedicated employees are running to the door because they feel demeaned and just another body to step over on the way to another dollar.

Really, is that why Mansfield un-retired? Go away.
  • Reply 88 of 92
    r1skor1sko Posts: 30member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65C816 View Post

Jobs wasn't "successful" with Pixar.  He funded Pixar.  Ed Catmull was the man behind Pixar, as was John Lasseter.

Regardless of the nature of Steve's involvement at Pixar, I would not define his tenure there as failure. He envisioned the potential of Catmull/Lasseter at Pixar, motivated them, and was a leading advocate of creativity.

• Reply 89 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Throwthatham View Post

Long term dedicated employees are running to the door because they feel demeaned and just another body to step over on the way to another dollar.

Yeah, you said that already. You never clarified your pronouns, though.

• Reply 90 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwthatham View Post

Morale IS that low.

No it's NOT.

• Reply 91 of 92
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

removed

• Reply 92 of 92
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

One of two things will happen. Google, Microsoft or Samsung will hire him for their own stores or Apple will bring him back just so those 3 can't have him.