Apple's iMessage and FaceTime down for some users [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    v5v wrote: »
    Yeah, if that's how it worked, great. But since the iCloud failure means the device just shits itself and doesn't send the message AT ALL, iMessage or SMS, your dismissive attitude comes across as rude.

And the iPhone isn't the only device with iMessages. With the iPad and Mac there is no SMS option.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member
    My iMessages were down here in NZ. Seems to be back on track now....
  • Reply 23 of 28
    fumosusfumosus Posts: 2member
    I get around these outages with Viber or the myriad of other services that are out there. Accomplish the same things.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

*sighs* Apple just plain sucks at cloud stuff. 

lol, FUD.

• Reply 25 of 28
    Apple needs to stop hiring liberal-arts graduates and start hiring people that know a little something about computers.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Apple needs to stop hiring liberal-arts graduates and start hiring people that know a little something about computers.

This is AI. Not AA, where you get to share - just something.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    v5v wrote: »
    Yeah, if that's how it worked, great. But since the iCloud failure means the device just shits itself and doesn't send the message AT ALL, iMessage or SMS, your dismissive attitude comes across as rude.

And the iPhone isn't the only device with iMessages. With the iPad and Mac there is no SMS option.

That is what I don't get with iMessage Messages on the desktop; it can't send out the required SMS for FaceTime to work. And if Messages on the desktop can simply use the internet connection for registering, why don't the iPhone and cellular iPad do the same?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

That is what I don't get with iMessage Messages on the desktop; it can't send out the required SMS for FaceTime to work. And if Messages on the desktop can simply use the internet connection for registering, why don't the iPhone and cellular iPad do the same?

The thing is that the way the desktop version is supposed to work doesn't, actually. All the confusion and frustration goes away if you accept the fundamental premise that, so far, Messages just plain doesn't work very well. It's cool, but still a little confused. Hopefully it will follow the lead of Final Cut and Maps and become usable after two years. It'll be worth the wait.