Cheap smartphones besting Apple, Samsung in growing Indian market sales

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44

When was the last time he visited India?or checked out any Indian online mobile shops?these companies (Karbonn,Micromax,LAVA,Spice etc.) weren't here 2-3 years ago,only after rise of Android OS these companies came in Indian market and many of these companies are Chinese only Micromax is Indian.Although competition is good but the dilemma of consumers today is to chose cellphones from vast range of companies and once they've made their decision they get heavily invested in it's ecosystem so it's hard to change to another OS. I've been observing Apple's marketing pattern since iphone 4 and in my honest opinion the product cycle of phones are getting ridiculous,the phone you bought will be outdated in next 9-10 months,This wasn't the case before 2007,Although i'm super glad Apple has revolutionized smartphones and i couldnt think of myself without iphone (i guess that's the selling point of smartphone,integration with our lives)but it has also started this trend of "upgraded phone" every year.I know no one is forcing us to upgrade or anything but still.

• Reply 42 of 44
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    parixitg wrote: »
    When was the last time he visited India?or checked out any Indian online mobile shops?these companies (Karbonn,Micromax,LAVA,Spice etc.) weren't here 2-3 years ago,only after rise of Android OS these companies came in Indian market and many of these companies are Chinese only Micromax is Indian.Although competition is good but the dilemma of consumers today is to chose cellphones from vast range of companies and once they've made their decision they get heavily invested in it's ecosystem so it's hard to change to another OS. I've been observing Apple's marketing pattern since iphone 4 and in my honest opinion the product cycle of phones are getting ridiculous,the phone you bought will be outdated in next 9-10 months,This wasn't the case before 2007,Although i'm super glad Apple has revolutionized smartphones and i couldnt think of myself without iphone (i guess that's the selling point of smartphone,integration with our lives)but it has also started this trend of "upgraded phone" every year.I know no one is forcing us to upgrade or anything but still.

The tech is always outdated the moment you buy it. That might be one of the reasons Apple makes it simple for its customers, and have a recurring, but not frequent upgrade cycle. I for one am glad they a) do not make a plethora of models and b) make me want to upgrade every year or every other year, not every quarter.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    timbit wrote: »
    When you have 1/7 of the world population, it's big news. Apple needs to consider these things (which I'm sure they already have). They must have decided that quality is better/more financially rewarding than quantity

Agree!! It makes little sense for Apple to bombard the cheap market where they can never win; that's not what they did in the US. They introduced an innovative product that the masses agreed was worth paying more for to improve quality and function to raise the bar. It has made the company and the country better as I suppose it will do in India in due time. Leaders raise the bar; they don't settle with mediocrity. The top of the market in India may not be the same as the US...Apple will sell the 4 and 4S because that is the high-end for now in India.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Not relevant, since such low cost plans are similar for all smart phones. Also, the reason for low cost is, most systems are still legacy 2G or 2.5G. (3G has been barely rolled out, let alone 4G which is non-existent).
    I was just responding to your previous post. I don't see how my response is irrelevant. You compared US prices to India's.

No mention was made of the competition or the type of tech being used in your post.

But I apologize if you were insulted.