Apple updates Aperture and iPhoto with bug fixes, adds printer driver support to OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday released a number of updates for its desktop operating system, including bug fixes for the Aperture image editing program and a handful of maintenance updates which add printer drivers to OS X.

Aperture and iPhoto

The Aperture update brings the app up to version 3.4.4 and offers a number of fixes and stability improvements, but no new features were added.

Aperture

From the release notes:
What's New in Version 3.4.4
  • Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly during image import
  • Nikon P7700 RAW images are now displayed correctly in the Import window
  • Thumbnails with version names longer than 250 characters are now displayed correctly
  • Fixes an issue that could cause multiple warning dialogs to appear when web albums are synced after waking from sleep
  • Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when uploading photos to Photo Stream
  • Shared Photo Stream invitation lists now scroll correctly
  • Includes stability and performance improvements
Aperture v3.4.4 comes in at 523.15MB and can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's Support Downloads webpage.

iPhoto get a number of imporvements along with bug fixes, including drag-to-delete photos, RAW image editing and Photo Stream exporting.

iPhoto Logo

From the release notes:
  • Photos can now be deleted from My Photo Stream by dragging to the Trash
  • Photos can now be exported from Photo Stream using the Export command in the File menu
  • RAW images manually imported from My Photo Stream are now editable
  • Fixes a bug that could cause manually-rotated photos to appear unrotated when shared to Photo Stream
  • Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly while syncing to Facebook
  • Resolves an issue that could cause calendar text to appear at the wrong font size, resulting in order cancellation
  • Fixes an issue that could cause books to have an incorrect number of pages after rearranging two-page spreads
  • Includes stability improvements
The latest iPhoto version 9.4.3 is a 1.12GB download from Software Update or Apple Support webpage.

For those who do not yet own Aperture or iPhoto, each can be purchased through the Mac App Store for a $74.99 and $14.99, respectively.

Printer Drivers

In its usual printer driver maintenance update, Apple adds support for various Epson and HP printers and scanners, as well as Canon laser printers. For a full list of supported hardware, visit Apple's dedicated support webpage.

Epson's v2.13 driver pack weighs in at a hefty 1.04GB, Canon's v2.0 comes in at 22.92MB and HP's v2.13 is 450.57MB. All three can be downloaded via Software Update and Apple Support Downloads page.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

lol, "they don't care about Aperture".

• Reply 2 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

lol, "they don't care about Aperture".

Really. Are you so obtuse on purpose or do you work at it? These are nothing more than bug fixes to woefully inadequate semi-pro application. In case you missed it, Adobe Lightroom dropped a bomb today with the 5.0 Beta that has some features that CrAperture hasn't even come close to supporting. Become a shooter then try to enter the photography debate... Your lack of what shooters want is all too apparent... I would love to see a new version of Aperture but I simply got tired of the sit and wait game...

• Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

These are nothing more than bug fixes to woefully inadequate semi-pro application.

Did I say or imply otherwise?

You still haven't answered my other question.