Verizon's 4M iPhone activations in line with expectations, showing Apple's 'stability'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    jdnc123jdnc123 Posts: 233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Maybe because they're stupid? They need the cash? Their investing horizons are too short? They don't think markets are efficient? They think they can get in on any upward bounce and still make a profit assuming the bounce has legs?

Who knows...

Not a great answer, but an answer nonetheless.  Until Monday at the earliest...

• Reply 42 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Maybe because they're stupid? They need the cash? Their investing horizons are too short? They don't think markets are efficient? They think they can get in on any upward bounce and still make a profit assuming the bounce has legs?

Who knows...

Not a great answer, but an answer nonetheless.  Until Monday at the earliest...

What you really mean to say is that it's not an answer you like.

Most of these large institutional investors are as clueless as the average Joe when it comes to investing. I am sure you have seen the abundance of data.

I wouldn't touch most of these guys.

• Reply 43 of 45
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

Ha, ha, ha, ha! Sorry but this is just too funny! You really want to know and I quote from you "Who are all of these morons that are selling the stock?" Well, YOU are one of these "morons". You just said it and I quote again from you "I'm not holding any AAPL at moment". So, you did have AAPL actions and... sold it, just like "these morons"! image

I haven't held any AAPL for a while now, since I am not in the business of losing money. I am interested in profit. I've barely touched AAPL in the last 6 months.

The last time that I bought some AAPL, I sold it maybe 10 minutes later. On some days, I've bought AAPL maybe 10 times and sold it 10 times all on the same day. I have two different modes, one is the day trader, and the other is the investor, and as far as investing goes, AAPL has not been a good option lately.

If I happened to be holding AAPL right now, and I was underwater, I would certainly not run around like a scared chicken, selling like some of the fools are currently doing, IMO.

• Reply 44 of 45
    richard getzrichard getz Posts: 1,142member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

Look at this article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2013/04/18/three-apple-charts-you-need-to-see-now/

The guy is basically saying that if Apple reports badly next week it may hit $200 (see the chart) which is almost below the cash reserves. image

You are not implying a move to privet are you : ) 

• Reply 45 of 45
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

I didn't literally mean stop talking.  Feel free to say what you want.  I won't call you names or bash you or use expletives.  Where might I ask would Apple come up with over $200 billion to take themselves private and why would shareholders allow them to do so.  Answers...they can't and they won't.

They have $140 Billion available in cash and could repay a $60 Billion dollar loan with less than one years profit, not revenue PROFIT.