Apple design chief Jony Ive makes Time's 100 Most Influential list

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42

Did Tim Cook make it?

If not, how did the CEO of the biggest (by market cap) not make it?  Gulp!

• Reply 22 of 42
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post

Why does he have to be on the 'most influential' list? 

• Reply 23 of 42
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Did Tim Cook make it?

Apple is no longer the biggest, especially after today and yesterday.

• Reply 24 of 42
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Ives has become the Elton John of tech, knighthood and all.

(And you all can decide if that's a compliment or a slam....  ...I'm personally withholding judgment until I see the fruits of his new dual role over say, the next two iterations and releases of Apple products.)

• Reply 25 of 42
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    macfandave wrote: »
    Did Tim Cook make it?

I wasn't aware there was specific criteria for the list.

Guess I was a bit surprised no one from Google was on the list considering the hype around Glass and all...
  • Reply 26 of 42
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm sure that Ive deserves to be on that list, but some of the other people on that list are a joke, and I would not exactly call them influential.

No, the others carry influence, if you have a brain tho, their influence doesn't work.

consider Beiber fans...

• Reply 27 of 42
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Oh-Hyun Kwon joins those business giants.

Ah, that would be the guy they brought in so that Samsung would no longer be associated with that corrupt criminal that was their previous CEO...

• Reply 28 of 42
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Sir Jony... the British are so cool.

• Reply 29 of 42

Tallest Skil, Apple][ and Rogifan,

Your attitudes are why Apple seems to be in a tailspin right now.  Had Tim Cook been able to simply maintain the momentum that was present when Steve Jobs was alive, he'd be a shoo-in for the list.

It's bad enough that the hardware upgrades have slowed to a trickle, but the developments in OS X and iOS, iWork and iLife and improving iCloud all seem to have stalled.  We were led to believe that Jobs had left a road map for the next five years.  (Perhaps that was a Scott Forstall map that has led the company into the Pacific Ocean!)  If Cookie has simply driven the car down that road, he'd be also getting the accolades Ive deservingly got.

• Reply 30 of 42

Had Tim Cook been able to simply maintain the momentum…

Except he has.

It's bad enough that the hardware upgrades have slowed to a trickle…

I may have to start deleting posts that just outright lie like this. There's no excuse for it, and they junk up the forum.

…but the developments in OS X and iOS, iWork and iLife and improving iCloud all seem to have stalled.

Sure is easy to say things when you refuse to pay attention to anything.

We were led to believe that Jobs had left a road map for the next five years.

By whom? Your own imagination?

• Reply 31 of 42
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Tallest Skil, Apple][ and Rogifan,

Your attitudes are why Apple seems to be in a tailspin right now.  Had Tim Cook been able to simply maintain the momentum that was present when Steve Jobs was alive, he'd be a shoo-in for the list.

It's bad enough that the hardware upgrades have slowed to a trickle, but the developments in OS X and iOS, iWork and iLife and improving iCloud all seem to have stalled.  We were led to believe that Jobs had left a road map for the next five years.  (Perhaps that was a Scott Forstall map that has led the company into the Pacific Ocean!)  If Cookie has simply driven the car down that road, he'd be also getting the accolades Ive deservingly got.

^^^ translates to "no new markets have been created in the 1.5 years Cook has been CEO. I remember Jobs creating markets every other month and twice during each Feb during a leap year. "
  • Reply 32 of 42

Yep, keep it up.

I've held AAPL since the Gil Amelio days, so I am way ahead, but I am getting some deja vu from how the company is behaving these days.  I've heard nothing about OS X 10.9 nor iOS 7 even though OSs are announced many months ahead of their release.  If you don't recognize that the pace of innovation of Apple has slowed down, you're either stupid or in denial.

To me, it is just irritating at the moment, but if I don't hear anything in the next month or so, that could turn to anger.  I don't want to end up taking the Michael Dell trajectory.

• Reply 33 of 42

If you don't recognize that the pace of innovation of Apple has slowed down, you're either stupid or in denial.

Or a liar, like you are.

To me, it is just irritating…

Educate yourself and it won't be!

• Reply 34 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Except he has.

I may have to start deleting posts that just outright lie like this. There's no excuse for it, and they junk up the forum.

Sure is easy to say things when you refuse to pay attention to anything.

Do you have any evidence to support your position?  Am I just supposed to concede to you because of your high-falutin' title?  Maybe you can write me an angry letter using iWork '09!

• Reply 35 of 42
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Yep, keep it up.

I've held AAPL since the Gil Amelio days, so I am way ahead, but I am getting some deja vu from how the company is behaving these days.  I've heard nothing about OS X 10.9 nor iOS 7 even though OSs are announced many months ahead of their release.  If you don't recognize that the pace of innovation of Apple has slowed down, you're either stupid or in denial.

To me, it is just irritating at the moment, but if I don't hear anything in the next month or so, that could turn to anger.  I don't want to end up taking the Michael Dell trajectory.

Just because you haven't heard anything about them doesn't make them non existent. I have not heard anything about your brain but I believe you have one.
  • Reply 36 of 42

Quote:

Or a liar, like you are.

Name-calling?  You are a disgrace!  One simply can't discuss anything here, can they?

Nobody has really refuted my points with any evidence, just a string of insults and nonsense.  This place is pathetic.

• Reply 37 of 42

Do you have any evidence to support your position?

The sheer number of hardware and software updates since the death of Steve Jobs prove you wrong. Someone posted a list in another thread, but you didn't care enough about them to look at MacTracker or Wikipedia or anywhere before formulating your opinion, so I don't imagine you care enough to go find that, either.

Name-calling?  You are a disgrace!  One simply can't discuss anything here, can they?

How is that name-calling? "Poopyhead" is name-calling. You lied, therefore you are a liar. It's a descriptor of your state of being.

• Reply 38 of 42
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member

Nobody has really refuted my points with any evidence, just a string of insults and nonsense.  This place is pathetic.

Were you asleep for the last six months? No one should have to bother to refute you.

The company released more new stuff in the Fall of last year than in any time in their history.

The reason you are being called a liar is because there is no way you could not know about their output of new products last year. I will grant that you could have a problem with perception or memory. If not, then you are telling lies.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    The sheer number of hardware and software updates since the death of Steve Jobs prove you wrong. Someone posted a list in another thread, but you didn't care enough about them to look at MacTracker or Wikipedia or anywhere before formulating your opinion, so I don't imagine you care enough to go find that, either.

How is that name-calling? "Poopyhead" is name-calling. You lied, therefore you are a liar. It's a descriptor of your state of being.

That was Slurpy, sometime in the last two weeks, I'd say. I wish our post histories started with our posts, rather than with whom we quote, so macFanDave could look it up easier.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post

We were led to believe that Jobs had left a road map for the next five years.  

He's right that many believe it.

There were primary two sources that were widely quoted suggesting that Jobs left behind a road map.

One was a UK paper.   The other was the Jobs biography.  Then half the world came out with articles claiming it.

Even Apple Insider repeated people saying so.  For example:

Quote:

Munster said he believes Cook will carry out a long-term roadmap that he and Jobs likely jointly established. He thinks that Apple's course for the next five years is probably already plotted internally.

Spirit & vision of Steve Jobs will live on at Apple - AppleInsider

OTOH, Jobs also reportedly told Cook not to do what Cook thought Jobs would do, but chart his own course.