Apple CEO Tim Cook offering coffee date for charity auction

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mstone wrote: »
    I'll volunteer to provide the coffee. I have 3,000 lbs of the best coffee in the world sitting in a warehouse not far from Apple HQ.

Send me some beans!
  • Reply 22 of 46
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'll volunteer to provide the coffee. I have 3,000 lbs of the best coffee in the world sitting in a warehouse not far from Apple HQ.

The best? Not for long if it stays in that warehouse.

If you (one), has a great idea - you'd better be sure - it might be money well spent. You have 45 mins to convince him you are the second techno coming.

How much does TC get paid a year? How much is 45mins of his time worth?

• Reply 23 of 46
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

I paid more than $5 to listen to you in the 80's.......and have the video to prove it.  1biggrin.gif

Wait.  You PAID someone to come to one of my seminars??   Somebody suckered you.  Or me.  image

PS. I want that video.  Should be funny to listen to some of my predictions back then.  Yikes!   Oh, misguided youth!

• Reply 24 of 46
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Quote:

The best? Not for long if it stays in that warehouse.

Actually the warehouse specializes in ONLY green coffee and it is completely climate controlled. Plus, this coffee is vacuumed sealed which keeps it totally fresh for several months. But don't worry it will be sold as quickly as WWDC tickets when I put it on the market next month.  But... most people tend to put cream and sugar in their coffee which would totally ruin the experience. You might as well be drinking Folger's. But the offer is out there if they want it.

• Reply 25 of 46
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    pooch wrote: »
    she?

Someone trying to make a lame gay joke? Given that allegedly Tim is gay and refuses to come out of the closet. How else you explain a wireless, childless, girlfriendless adult male working at a gay friendly company and featured in Out Magazine (cause they never pay attention to straight people). So what if you have seen him with a boyfriend either. Clearly he's gay.

Interesting about those degrees. I expected the MBA but a BS in Industrial Engineering was not what I thought to see. Figured it would be another business related degree.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    drblank wrote: »
    It'll probably be at Apple's HQ. 

The announcement tells us that. The question was where inside HQ, ie, how much might a person see as they come in.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    But don't worry it will be sold as quickly as WWDC tickets when I put it on the market next month.  

You should sell it at WWDC. License a food truck and call it your special Coder's blend. You could mark it up like 500% and call it a coffee tax. No cream or sugar allowed.

It would be just like buying an Apple product

:smokey:
  • Reply 28 of 46
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Most. Expensive. Coffee Date. Ever. 

If I was rich, I'd do this in a heartbeat, for the hell of it. And if it was Jobs, I'd do so in half a heartbeat. 

• Reply 29 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Quote:

But don't worry it will be sold as quickly as WWDC tickets when I put it on the market next month.  

You should sell it at WWDC. License a food truck and call it your special Coder's blend. You could mark it up like 500% and call it a coffee tax. No cream or sugar allowed.

It would be just like buying an Apple product

It will be so gone by that date. Last year what little of the coffee that actually made to consumers was being sold for more than $20 for a 12 oz. cup.

• Reply 30 of 46
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    That's me with the highest bid right now.

I'm going to try and steal his iPhone out of his bag while we chat.
  • Reply 31 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

That's me with the highest bid right now.

I'm going to try and steal his iPhone out of his bag while we chat.

Do you work for Samsung? 

• Reply 32 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

... if it was Jobs, I'd do so in half a heartbeat. 

.....and twice the price.

• Reply 33 of 46
    slurpy wrote: »
    And if it was Jobs, I'd do so in half a heartbeat. 

Eww! Kind of morbid, don't you think?¡
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Just like Apple's stock it's value was grossly underestimated… and still 20 days to go.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/24049/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
  • Reply 35 of 46
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Do you work for Samsung? 

Not until AFTER I've had coffee with Tim...
  • Reply 36 of 46
    I'll bet you a euro when her assistant reminds her of this appointment come "Coffee Day", she'll get really annoyed & rush through it really quick --
    having never given the mater a single thought until being reminded of it.

Then the winner will feel cheated out of thier money & that'll be that.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member
    Its obviously a takeoff of Warren Buffet's lunches for charity. If you have to copy, thats a great thing to copy, or take as an influence. More power to Tim, and whoever has the bucks to bid. My guess.....well over 50m. Way too Low.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

What would be hilarious that if Tim gets a phone call 5 minutes into the meeting with the winner and says "he has to run". 

• Reply 39 of 46
    dh87dh87 Posts: 73member

Bidding now at $155,000.  I calculate a day of Tim Cook's time is worth $155K/0.75*8=$1.653M, and a year at 225*$1.653M=$372M, almost exactly what Apple paid Tim Cook last year.

• Reply 40 of 46
    boxmaccary wrote: »
    I wonder ....
    * what kind of coffee will it be?
    * will she split the difference & call it 45 minutes?
    * will there be moist, fresh-baked pastries?
    * what will rhey talk about?
    * whete will the meeting be: in his office? the Mac Caffe? Another place in HQ entirely?
    * will she offer them a sneak peek at upcomong iStuff?
    Who is she?
    kdarling wrote: »
    Hey, give me only $5 and I'll pretend to be Tim in a meeting.  <span style="line-height:1.231;">Ready?  Here we go:</span>

"Sorry, but I can't tell you about any future products."

"No, you cannot visit our secret labs."

"What?  No, I am not going to tell you where I go for dates!"

"Who the hell is this Tallest Skil nut you keep talking about?"

"Guards!"
    well what will come will come, can't help but to laugh