Apple's latest TV ad focuses on the iPhone 5's camera

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday aired its newest TV commercial for the iPhone, with the spot straying from the tone set by the company's most recent iPhone and iPad ads, which highlighted the bevy of apps available for iOS.

The commercial, titled "Photos Every Day," marks the return to a focus on hardware last seen in September when the iPhone 5 first launched.

Unlike those commercials, which had a humorous tone and playful music, the latest iPhone spot, which shows people using the smartphone's camera, has a more "dramatic" feel. The newest ad is also a departure from the latest app-centric campaign touting the hundreds of thousands of apps available across all iOS devices.

Only one line of dialogue makes its way into the ad, with the narrator saying at the end of the one-minute long spot, "Everyday, more photos are taken with the iPhone than any other camera."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    This is a very well-produced ad. Worth watching a few times over at least. Fantastic photography and editing. Very Apple.

Edit: And another thing, The ad shows how the size and non-curvy shape of the phone helps you take better pictures in active situations. IPhones have squared-off edges to make them more like little flat cameras.

In obvious contrast to the monster slippery phones of a certain other company which could never make this commercial.

This story really belongs on AI's front page.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Love this commercial! I'm a professional musician and really enjoyed the music selection. Is there a way to find out what it is or was it written specifically for the commercial? My daughter is right now trying to learn it in the piano by listening to it repeatedly after recording it off the tv! We Shazamed it but nothing comes up.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sespeirssespeirs Posts: 1member
    I just saw this commercial and loved it. It's beautiful. Great job.
  • Reply 4 of 7

This the best I could find of where the music came from. Not an official song but this is the composer: http://robsimonsen.com/projects/ads/new-apple/

• Reply 5 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple on Thursday aired its newest TV commercial for the iPhone, with the spot straying from the tone set by the company's most recent iPhone and iPad ads, which highlighted the bevy of apps available for iOS.

The commercial, titled "Photos Every Day," marks the return to a focus on hardware last seen in September when the iPhone 5 first launched.

Unlike those commercials, which had a humorous tone and playful music, the latest iPhone spot, which shows people using the smartphone's camera, has a more "dramatic" feel. The newest ad is also a departure from the latest app-centric campaign touting the hundreds of thousands of apps available across all iOS devices.

Only one line of dialogue makes its way into the ad, with the narrator saying at the end of the one-minute long spot, "Everyday, more photos are taken with the iPhone than any other camera."

Lenovo is going to launch the latest iphone device named Lenovo K900 -the latest flashship cell phone. This  device is open for booking. One can book and buy this phone on the site http://www.jsxltech.com/collections/c1-cellphone-c2-brand-c3-lenovo/products/lenovo-k900. All the features of this device are attractive and can touch the heart of every one. I suggest you to compare this Lenovo 900 with iphone 5, samsung Galaxy S4, and get the result yourself.

• Reply 6 of 7

Lenovo is going to launch the latest flashship cell phone Lenovo 900. This device is the latest product of Lenovo in the field of cell phone. One can get the booking of this device on the site http://www.jsxltech.com/collections/c1-cellphone-c2-brand-c3-lenovo/products/lenovo-k900. One can compare this device with the Apple's iphone 5 , Samsung Galaxy S4, and feel the difference between these devices. I am sure that this device is the heart touching of all the people everywhere of the world.

• Reply 7 of 7
    Great ad very artistic. Classic Apple.