Samsung celebrity tweets out support for Galaxy S4 from his iPhone

Comments

• Reply 61 of 100
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    tbell wrote: »
    If I were going to go Android, which I wouldn't, I'd try the HTC One. At least the materials are first rate.

It feels great. As good as you'd expect. I wouldn't say it has a fit and finish as good as the iPhone 5 which in comparison is like jewelry, but it's still brilliant.
  • Reply 62 of 100
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgman View Post

and this is newsworthy because . . . . ???

Because it's funny?  I know it made me laugh. 

• Reply 63 of 100

Obviously this explains the additional $400 Million Samsung spend in advertising - They used all the money to buy off sponsors, who are not loyal customers! At end of they day they all prefer Apple iPhone! 

Send from MacBook running Windows 8 using Samsung Display!

• Reply 64 of 100
    tomjavatomjava Posts: 11member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pembroke View Post

Well, as a long-time iPhone owner, looking at a friend's Samsung 4 last week (which he retrieved effortlessly from his pocket) reviewing some photographs, I found myself feeling quite envious of the screen size and quality of the pictures was jaw-dropping.

Just sayin'!!

until you see the S4 back plastic casing which is nasty image

• Reply 65 of 100
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Love this faux love affair PAID endorsers by Samsung have of Samsung's products. I'm not bilingual, but how do you laugh in Spanish???

/

/

jeje

• Reply 66 of 100
    rsrejirsreji Posts: 2member

This is just another case that proves that if you need a phone to get things done with out a head ache, its iPhone!

• Reply 67 of 100
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

No I believe she said she loved her Microsoft Surface.

I believe you are correct.

• Reply 68 of 100
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I don't know what's dumber, this guy or hiring a Spanish tennis player that isn't Rafael Nadal.
  • Reply 69 of 100
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    paxman wrote: »
    But you are not that naive. There is a whole sector within the marketing / advertising industry dedicated to social media . . .

Yeah, I am that naive, since I don"t do Twitter or Facebook.

Of course you're right, a social network immediately gets parasitized.. But I was thinking in ideal terms, where it should not be parasitized. Other kinds of advertising are just paid-for ad space, not parasitism.

So I guess I would say that Twitter astroturfing is a very low-class form of advertising, if not an unethical form, when it involves fakery like in this case. I hope Apple would never stoop to this level, and doubt they would.
  • Reply 70 of 100
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    drblank wrote: »
    I think what's going on is Samsung is doing a lot of sponsoring of various events, sports, music, etc. and when they do that, they pay these celebrities to support Samsung products, but in reality, many of them use an Apple product.  It's hilarious, but some people fall for it.
    It's the same in the UK. The Ideal World shopping channel sells thousands of cheap Android tablets but all the presenters say they can't believe what good value their these tablets are compared with their own tablets which they paid hundreds of pounds for and do not take sd cards. It does not take a genius to work out what tablets they are referring to.
  • Reply 71 of 100
    sessamoidsessamoid Posts: 182member

A Spanish news site also noted that this kind of unattributed astroturfing is illegal in Spain. All advertising must be clearly labeled as such. So Samsung is not only unethical, but criminal as well.

• Reply 72 of 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

On the one hand, the whole fiasco in the OP is hilarious and Samsung deserves the mockery.

On the other hand, at least one reason we don't see the reverse is that Samsung products don't come with a dorky "sent from my (whatever)" message*. Personally I prefer not to advertise for the companies I favor, and the first thing I did on my iPad was remove the automatic signature. 

* Or at least my Galaxy Nexus did not, but "pure" Samsung products may be different.

Those "sent from my [phone]" thing is done by the apps themselves not the operating system (excluding the email thing as mentioned by someone else).  Tapatalk, for example, does it on all OSes. I see plenty of "Sent from my HTC One", etc. when people are using Tapatalk don't turn that off.

• Reply 73 of 100
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Lol.... Samsung.. The lowest life company out there!
  • Reply 74 of 100
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    hey, come on! Just because they pay David Ferrer to use a Sammy 4 and he prefers using an iPhone that doesn't mean that... oh wait, actually it does.

I hope Samsung makes him refund the money they paid him, because they just spent every cent of it to promote iPhone.

• Reply 75 of 100
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    When even celebrities you're paying up the ass to promote and use your product don't even bother doing so, maybe you have a not so great product. What's funny and telling is that this has happened many times with many products in the past- and it's ALWAYS tweeted using an iOS device, whether it's tweeting how amazing BBM10 is using an iPhone, or how incredible the Galaxy Tab is using an iPad.
  • Reply 76 of 100
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    You'd think Samsung would at least give him a phone to use, and show him how to use it. Maybe he gave it away to his poorer relatives.
  • Reply 77 of 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And don't forget Blackberry's marketing spokesman Alicia Keys tweeting from her iPhone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

No I believe she said she loved her Microsoft Surface.

Also, not publicized, but I noticed this image on No Doubt's instagram feed.

http://instagram.com/p/XVZoXQxpEE/

Gwen, the Windows Phone spokeswoman...

Granted, that could be Tony's iPhone 4/4S there, but they are both on MacBook Pros, so Apple fans, both.

• Reply 78 of 100
    elroth wrote: »
    You'd think Samsung would at least give him a phone to use, and show him how to use it.

And you'd think Samsung would show him how to configure his Twitter account on Android too.

elroth wrote: »
    Maybe he gave it away to his poorer relatives.

Gave what away? His old iPhone? Or the Galaxy S4?

That tweet came from an iPhone... which is the whole point of this story.

He typed that specific tweet... but he did it on the wrong phone.
  • Reply 79 of 100

Didn't Oprah also Tweet on her iPad that she "loved her Galaxy Tab"? LOL

It was for the Microsoft Surface.
  • Reply 80 of 100
    "How come we don't see any -> The iPhone is amazing and I'm using this cool iPhone app to type this message!"

Because Apple doesn't pay celebrities to hype their products...because the celebrities are already using their products.