Server-side update makes Siri a stickler for succinctness

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    1. You are right, I shouldn't have resorted to name calling and I apologize.  In a way though my first statement was correct.  While I have experienced problems with Siri misunderstanding me or not connecting in the past, I was never before completely unable to send the message that I wanted to send because Siri happened to think it was too long.

2. The reason I was frustrated and resorted to name calling was because I don't like people trying to explain to me that something didn't happen when in fact I know that it happened. You are going off conjecture and supposition and trying to explain away something that I experienced.  I know how to use Siri.  I used it thousands of times to send messages to people.  Apple made a change to Siri and the service stopped working as it had in the past.  Evidently they have realized their error and fixed the messaging to work correctly; however, that does not mean that it wasn't working incorrectly before.  And its insulting for you to try to imply that I am confused or don't know how to use my phone because you evidently don't want to admit that Apple made a mistake.  As I have said multiple times in this thread, I attempted to send this message many different ways and all of them gave me back one of Siri's lovely new smart ass replies.  If it was unrelated to what the article is talking about then why would I have received the exact replies that are mentioned in the article?

I am the first to admit that there are many people on this forum who are much more versed than I in matters of programming and code, but I do know how to use my phone.

I have no doubt that you and the OP experienced something wonky with Siri around the same time this article was posted, but that doesn't mean you can draw a conclusion and then state it as the only possible reason for the issue. As it's been shown many times this change to Siri occurred well before your incident, did affect everyone despite this being a server-side change, and both you and OP have repeatedly failed to show any evidence your accusations are the only possible reason for the issue you experienced. I gave several examples of how this could be misconstrued and perceived as something that its not. You are in no way required to agree with my examples but I think you'd be a fool ignore them given the evidence at hand. Even now you have failed to state that you set up the initial message by saying "Send a message to ..." and then after it prompted you for the next step which is merely dictation it wouldn't allow you to make more than 82 characters worth of waveforms before telling you it's too long.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I have no doubt that you and the OP experienced something wonky with Siri around the same time this article was posted, but that doesn't mean you can draw a conclusion and then state it as the only possible reason for the issue. As it's been shown many times this change to Siri occurred well before your incident, did affect everyone despite this being a server-side change, and both you and OP have repeatedly failed to show any evidence your accusations are the only possible reason for the issue you experienced. I gave several examples of how this could be misconstrued and perceived as something that its not. You are in no way required to agree with my examples but I think you'd be a fool ignore them given the evidence at hand. Even now you have failed to state that you set up the initial message by saying "Send a message to ..." and then after it prompted you for the next step which is merely dictation it wouldn't allow you to make more than 82 characters worth of waveforms before telling you it's too long.
    Just a couple of side notes....
    1. I did in fact in a couple of earlier messages say that I used the exact method you are describing
    2. My issue with Siri first happened about a week or two before this article was published. I was actually the first one to respond to this article because I had been so frustrated by this happening to me.
    3. Thank you for at least admitting that something could have been wrong with Siri and that I'm not an idiot who can't figure out how to say "send message to"
  • Reply 63 of 68
    1. I did in fact in a couple of earlier messages say that I used the exact method you are describing
    2. My issue with Siri first happened about a week or two before this article was published. I was actually the first one to respond to this article because I had been so frustrated by this happening to me.
    3. Thank you for at least admitting that something could have been wrong with Siri and that I'm not an idiot who can't figure out how to say "send message to"
  • Reply 64 of 68
  • Reply 65 of 68
    Evidently though I am an idiot who hits reply multiple times and gets three identical posts....
  • Reply 66 of 68

I stated that from the get-go. I very clearly addressed several possibilities as to how Siri may have not been able to process the speaker's request. The difference is I opened it to up multiple reasons instead of ignoring all feasible possibilities instead of just a single possible answer.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    Evidently though I am an idiot who hits reply multiple times and gets three identical posts....

This new forum software is quite annoying in that it doesn't look for duplicate posts within a reasonable time frame, which is further complicated by the code not necessarily showing you that it's working as soon as you hit Submit. I can't be sure but a couple times I could swear I only hit Submit once yet it still issued multiple duplicate replies.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    This new forum software is quite annoying in that it doesn't look for duplicate posts within a reasonable time frame, which is further complicated by the code not necessarily showing you that it's working as soon as you hit Submit. I can't be sure but a couple times I could swear I only hit Submit once yet it still issued multiple duplicate replies.
    Add that to the fact that I am on my iPad mini using the iPhone app because AI doesn't have an iPad app and my wifi has been acting up... All in all I am pretty sure that its because of the new Siri flaw