Multi-colored SIM trays allegedly for 'iPhone 5S' may signal more color options

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    sflocal wrote: »
    Guess the folks complaining about the word need to get out more.

Or do an internet search before they post. It's odd how many language debates we have here and those that usually take issue are usually incorrect. Am I crazy to think it's more prevalent on this tech site than others? Maybe it's because AI does more than simple blog posts. I like MR for a quick look of "stories" but I hate looking at their forum.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I can't image those being the colours of any future Apple product unless Apple will make a hearing aide with a micro-SIM card.

colorway |?k?l?r?w?| (Brit. colourway )
    noun
    — any of a range of combinations of colors in which a style or design is available: wallpaper books show coordinating patterns and colorways.

This is the first time I've ever seen it used. AI writers do tend to use unusual words and phrases, I don't understand why, it isn't helpful, doesn't make it clearer and it isn't impressive to dig out some obscure, awkward term.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigzaglens View Post

Please stop saying colorways.

I agree. It is laughable. Although valid, methinks its use is ostentatious and an unabashed attempt to impress ones audience, whilst sacrificing clarity. It does not impress. /s

• Reply 24 of 30
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    Yes, for god's sake let's all grunt and use texting abbreviations.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    bobborriesbobborries Posts: 151member

The return of beige? I seriously doubt it.

• Reply 26 of 30
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    macxpress wrote: »
    I would really like to see the iPhone come in anodized colored aluminum/glass. It would really set it apart from previous iPhone designs. I'd even go for the same colors as the iPad Touch...or very similar colors. I'd hate to just see black, white, and gold or something silly like that. I would take an orange or green one! I can upgrade next month, but I'll wait for the next iPhone before doing so.

Like the 5th gen iPod Touch?
  • Reply 27 of 30
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    I think we're ready for colours Apple. I'd love to see a glorious return to the burnt orange of the old iPod shuffle. The Anostyle stuff looks great but not keen on voiding warranty. Stuff the supply chain. You need a sales boost and this is an easy way to differentiate from the appearance of the 5S.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member

Quote:

Originally Posted by battlescarred1 View Post

I probably mentioned this before but, what ever happened to AppleInsider living up to the "Insider" part? It's becoming increasingly obvious that this site has no real journalists who dig for true inside information. Sources? Not very good really. Haven't really seen anything new from this sites "reporting" in a very long time. Regurgitating things from other websites does not qualify as good original reporting. Laziness, yes, it qualifies. Either Apple has really tightened the lid on information or AppleInsider decided to stop working very hard for it's readers. Perhaps the site should be renamed to AppleWebRumors?

It could also be that Apple is a much more popular company now so it grabs the attention of pretty much every news outlet. Which would make it harder for AppleInsider to break a new story when bigger news outlets get the info first.

Gone are the days when Apple was the underdog and you had to go to mac specific sites for the latest rumors. 

• Reply 29 of 30
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
  • Reply 30 of 30
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

Awwww YEAH! An iPhone to match my Nan's hearing aid. Where do I sign?